Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your opinion is required please!

Options
  • 18-05-2007 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone!

I was just wondering if you could help me. I browsed the forum briefly, thinking this might have been asked before but I couldn't find anything... Anyway, here it goes!

I am looking for names of places/pubs in the city centre of this fair city where:

- the music is not set at 192dB so you can actually have a conversation
    - where there is music (no music at all is a little depressing...)
    - where it's nice, warm and confortable (i.e. you can sit down)

This would be for going out during the week (Monday to Thursday).

Could you recommend some nice places?

Thank you in advance! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭early.house

the Panama bar on bachelors walk.. its a nice relaxed and cosy little bar, quiet mid week so you can enjoy a converstaion..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I quite like Davy Byrnes on South Anne St I think ... nice cozy place, usually has an afterwork crowd but I've nearly always gotten seats ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

the Panama bar on bachelors walk.. its a nice relaxed and cosy little bar, quiet mid week so you can enjoy a converstaion..
    Was there once or twice right after they opened and haven't been since. I'll be checking it out then! Cheers early.house! ;)

Glowing wrote:
    I quite like Davy Byrnes on South Anne St I think ... nice cozy place, usually has an afterwork crowd but I've nearly always gotten seats ....
    Think I've been there before... It's off Grafton Street isn't it? If it's the one I'm thinking of it is indeed a very nice place that had slipped my mind... Thanks Glowing! ;)

Keep'em coming lads! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Since the smoking went, the most annoying thing about pubs is having to shout over music that no one is even listening too anyway. Even the staff can't hear you ordering drinks sometimes, but still they tdon't urn it off, or at least down. Background music should be just that: background music. Some of the hotel bars aren't too bad. Go off the beaten track a bit and you'll find some too. Some pubs seem to vary though. Some nights they are fine and you'd go back another time, on the same night of the week, and it would be on. Pubs with snug-type sections can be a little quieter too, enabling you to hear the people you are with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

keohoes, the bailey, the long hall, the long stone...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

4 Dame Lane during the week is a handy spot.

Goes with all you said above, unless there's something special on, and they pump up the music :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

TP Smiths across from the Jervis Street Shopping Center at the Luas Stop

It's not a late bar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Cafe en Seine opposite the Manion House has been recommended to me a few times. Never gone there at night time though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Cafe en Seine is awful. Overpriced, low quality beer and wall to wall tossers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

I don't mind Cafe En Seine, but i do mind the €6 i was charged for a pint there during the day a few weeks back.

Went to Café en Seine twice last week. Overpriced? Definitely! Loud? Definitely on Saturday nights, not too bad during the week though. Clientèle? A good few tossers alright...

4 Dame Lane: was there on Saturday night last week-end. Went upstairs and the music wasn't too loud but it was obvious a band was going to be playing in a shortly. Sat down, had a drink then the band came out... We ran out it was so deafening (you were right there Fajitas!)! :eek:

Will definitely be checking out TP Smiths, Keohoes Lounge, The Bailey, The Long Hall and The Long Stone though! Thanks for the info lads! I'll be posting some feedback (for whoever is interested) once I've checked out these places! ;)

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Café Insane, it is often called, and it is appropriate.

Advertisement