Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car shaking when idle

Options
  • 18-05-2007 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

The last few weeks my car has started shaking. It's jerking back and forth when I'm stop at the lights and sometimes shakes when I'm driving at low revs. When it's full with diesel this doesn't happen but it started happening again yesterday, when the diesel is around the half way mark. It's a renault megavan and got serviced 6000 miles ago. Any ideas what's up with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Dirty injectors? Dirty fuel filter? Bad/loose air flow sensor or any one of a number of temperature sensors? Air filter? If it's driving fine under normal conditions it's pretty likely to be just slightly underfuelling, pointing at the first two...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

Dirty injectors? Dirty fuel filter? Bad/loose air flow sensor or any one of a number of temperature sensors? Air filter? If it's driving fine under normal conditions it's pretty likely to be just slightly underfuelling, pointing at the first two...
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Forgot to put in there: Fuel pump too... Diesel fuel pumps especially are very sensitive and easily damaged by dirt etc. and could be the difference between getting enough fuel and not.

Advertisement