Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greens political broadcast...

Options
  • 18-05-2007 9:15am

Just saw a clip of it now.

Gotta be just about the weirdest thing I had seen in a while. I'm not comfortable with the idea of trotting out kids in front of the camera, particularly given the events of recent weeks, and giving them some mantra to repeat. Could adults not have made a point? I get that whole 'give children a future' angle, but the Greens certainly don't own that idea. There's a lot of children in the North, for example, that could be hauled out onto an ad for FF and made to parrot lines about having a future now. Slightly creepy tbh. Some advertising company should be given a black mark for that effort.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i thought it was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

As a political stunt it was very good. But the fact that it was a stunt also makes it bad. I have to say it was very well produced though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

I'm far from being a Green Party supporter but of what I saw of their party political broadcast (I only got the last 30 seconds of it) I was very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Yes, it was very well made. I was disappointed at the end though when I seen what it was for. I thought it was an advert just to encourage people to vote.

They got a great time slot for it, most of the country must have seen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

I would probably be voting greens, but that aside I thought it was a very clever political broadcast. Given that kids are used in adverts all the time I'm not sure how or if this is any different. It was certainly thought provoking though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Did anyone notice the kid on the bike who said something along the lines of "I wish it was safe enough on the roads for me and my mates to cycle to school"

He wasn't wearing a helmet! Bit hypocritical in my opinion....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Those pesky kids - they want it all ways, thank god they can't vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

I thought it was cute!

Advertisement