Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modified Xbox 360s banned from Live

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

You're better off doing that Tank Top, I'd say you play offline and online 50/50 so there's no point in chucking your banned xbox live console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Cool, I only bought another one on thursday and had it flashed straight away, no problems so far......thank fcuk as most of my play is online!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Kenny 5 wrote:
    You're better off doing that Tank Top, I'd say you play offline and online 50/50 so there's no point in chucking your banned xbox live console.

exactly man, you can never have enough xboxes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

axer wrote:
    Except thats illegal.

I think you meant to say that it allows you to play backups of the games you currently own.

not at all mate!

a mate has his flashed downloads the games of the net, and burns them with his dual layered burner and he works them straight of the copied discs;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

not at all mate!
    I think you missed the point...
    a mate has his flashed downloads the games of the net, and burns them with his dual layered burner and he works them straight of the copied discs;)
    That is illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Got banned this morning :mad: but at least now I have a reason to buy the elite 360 when it comes out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

axer wrote:
    I think you missed the point...

That is illegal.

indeed i did miss the point, apologies all:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

~Marky~ wrote:
    Got banned this morning :mad: but at least now I have a reason to buy the elite 360 when it comes out..

Yeah I'll probably do the same myself but will wait and see if my second 360 gets banned :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

reviews of the elite all make it sound very very pointless

• Advertisement

Bought myself a new core and I'm back online, it's been a horrid few days ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Bought myself a new core and I'm back online, it's been a horrid few days ha
    Can you still sing in to your 'old' profile, or is that locked out??

god's toy wrote:
    Can you still sing in to your 'old' profile, or is that locked out??

Yep, all that's been banned is the console, not the gamertag, so all they've really done is banned people playing copied games online, you can still play them offline, just swap the hard drive into the other machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Cool! Thats good to know :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Did you ever see the Xbox 1 modded? Cool media centre, web browser, RSS feeds, emulators for piles of old consoles, homebrew, ability to run games from your HDD.

I think that's the eventual goal for the modders of 360s. Haven't gotten there yet though.

Is there an actual browser for the orig xbox? Havent come across that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

skywalker wrote:
    Is there an actual browser for the orig xbox? Havent come across that.
    Linksbox - not sure if there is another though.

Hmm, I got my new 360 on Thursday. Got it flashed before I even went on Xbox Live and it's still working........please work forever!!!!:)

Kenny 5 wrote:
    Hmm, I got my new 360 on Thursday. Got it flashed before I even went on Xbox Live and it's still working........please work forever!!!!:)

there's a guy on Xbox-scene claiming people who modded the consoles before going live will be fine

He claims Microsoft still can't detect the flashed firmware, but each console when first signed up to live leaves a fingerprint of its various codes, flashing it changes one of the codes, which Microsoft are flagging as meaning you have a modded box

Hmm, hopefully that guy is right!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

there's a guy on Xbox-scene claiming people who modded the consoles before going live will be fine

He claims Microsoft still can't detect the flashed firmware, but each console when first signed up to live leaves a fingerprint of its various codes, flashing it changes one of the codes, which Microsoft are flagging as meaning you have a modded box

I can see this being a possibility, but I used my 360 for a year on live then after what i thought was the warranty period I decided to get it done. And that console still hasn't been banned yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

Excuse my ignorance but I've read through all these posts and can someone confirm if the following is the tradeoff between modding and not:
    Not Modded - you can play online with no danger of being turfed out
    Modded - you may be banned from playing online, but on the other hand you can save backup copies of your games.
    Also, people illegally can play unauthorised versions of games with a modded 360.

Is this it? Also, can anyone recommend a modchip if I decide to go with one - what's the difference in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭EricM

Well theres the new ixtreme firmware now so you can play online without getting detected.

Advertisement