Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hawaii

• 18-05-2007 10:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Im heading to Oahu Hawaii in July and im hoping on doing some diving.

Do you know of any spots??Any must see's?? I have my PADI etc but would be great to freshin up on the skills.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

I'd love the idea of diving somewhere like Hawaii, but it always struck me of more of a surfer's paradise and therefore way too rough water?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

nope, hawaii has some excellent diving. probably on par with the best diving around. Can't help you with oahu, but was on maui for a week diving. Excelletn, lots of big fish, sharks, big rays. water was 26c, that was in november, so it should be similar..you're going to have a blast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Have dived Oahu with AAA divers, not a bad outfit at all. Alex is not someone you will easily forget.

If you're staying in Honolulu drop in to South Seas Aquatics, 155 Kalakaua Avenue, which is a fine dive shop. James is the name of the guy there and he is very helpful. I managed to dive twice in the morning with AAA and again in the evening with another outfit that James put me on to.
    Very convenient.

The diving is enjoyable, with some current thrown in. Plenty of wrecks to see too. The Corsair plane is best done as a night dive if you can manage it. Would be a bit boring by day. It's at 36m though.

As Mossym said, you will have a blast.

Seadeuce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

i know this is an old post, but just wanted to add my two cents.

I spent the summer of 2002 in Oahu. I taught with See in Sea Scuba in Oahu (www.divehawaii.com) and also Island Divers (http://http://www.islanddivershawaii.com//) - Matt is the guy here...

Two good safe outfits that really go all out...

AAA Diving is eh....interesting...I would steare clear, but thats just my opinion...seadeuce is right, you won't forget Alex - no matter how hard you try!

Enjoy...i know i did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I spent 4 days in Hawaii last year. Didn't fit in dives though. Really nice place though. Enjoy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement