Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks EL action

• 18-05-2007 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

18 May 2007
    Shamrock Rovers 8:00 Waterford United Tolka Park Home
    Bray Wanderers 7:45 Sligo Rovers Carlisle Grounds Away
    Cork City 7:45 Bohemians Draw
    Galway United 7:45 UCD Terryland Park Away

19 May 2007
    Longford Town 7:30 Derry City Flancare Park Home

21/05/07
    St Patrick's Athletic vs Drogheda United Live on Setanta. Away.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Feckin' Rovers getting preference for the home match on Friday's at Tolka.

Means we have to play in our actual home ground tomorrow against Harps.:mad:

Can't believe our board allowed this to happen.

CAN believe the FAI fecked up the fixture list like this though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

not too sure if we'll beat bohs tomorrow.. a draw i reckon..

How the hell do rovers get preference over ye seansouth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Roar wrote:
    not too sure if we'll beat bohs tomorrow.. a draw i reckon..

Today? :confused:

kdjac

Roar wrote:
    How the hell do rovers get preference over ye seansouth?
    No idea Roar.

I'm sure there's some reason the board decided to allow it.

KdjaCL wrote:
    Today? :confused:

kdjac

just out of bed you'll have to forgive me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Another Dundalk win last night and despite what the 3-2 scoreline suggests it was actually a good performance. It really could have been 5 or 6 and Kilkennys two goals came from their only 2 chances in the game. The loss of Trevor Vaughan through injury looks like it may have a positive affect on the way the team play. Next up Shels.

Will you be at the match next Thursday Pighead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

seansouth wrote:
    Can't believe our board allowed this to happen.

Afaik, there is a rule which means when there is a clash of fixtures the higher division game gets preference so the board had no choice, but did do a deal with Rovers so that they have agreed to change some of their games as well when there is a clash.

Fair play to both boards.
    seansouth wrote:
    CAN believe the FAI fecked up the fixture list like this though.

How did the FAI feck up? The clubs are playing in two different divisions with two different set of fixture patterns. There was always going to be some clash unless teams ending up playing three games at home or away in a row. Then people would complain about the FAI. :rolleyes:

It's not always their fault. It's not their fault Rovers haven't got their own ground and it's not their fault Shels got into financial problems and couldn't get a Premier Division licence.

The rest of the EL fixtures for the weekend:
    18 May 2007
    Monaghan United 8:00 Kildare County Kingspan Century Park

19 May 2007
    Shelbourne 8:00 Finn Harps Tolka Park
    Cobh Ramblers 7:45 Wexford Youths St Colman's Park
    Athlone Town 7:00 Limerick 37 Lissywoollen

Dundalk just about beat Kilkenny 3-2 at home last night after being 3-0 up and coasting.

Fingers crossed for a home win tomorrow. Pissed off with playing against ten men and drawing (and losing!). Hopefully Harps bring a good crowd down too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

KdjaCL wrote:
    18 May 2007
    21/05/07
    St Patrick's Athletic vs Drogheda United Live on Setanta. Away.

kdjac

this some sort of reverse phychology??;)

Doubt it, he;s just realised the Pat's pan has stopped flashing :D

• Advertisement

seansouth wrote:
    Doubt it, he;s just realised the Pat's pan has stopped flashing :D

Yes we are now digging our way out of the hole we are in, reading todays mirror also confounds the misery and turmoil and general poopness running tru pats fans at the moment.

Terrible time to be a pats fan:eek: :o:D

redzerdrog wrote:
    this some sort of reverse phychology??;)

Nope your better than us, maybe we could win with our best 11 but not with 4 players out Ndo Kirby Mulcahy and S Quigley. Will take a point.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Yes we are now digging our way out of the hole we are in,

Here's the article
    The development of a new all-seater stand at the Inchicore end of the ground has commenced this week.

Top soil is being removed from the ‘hill’ before the foundations can be put in place.

It is hoped the work will be completed in time for the start of the UEFA Cup campaign in late July.
    :eek:

Either you have builders on speed or are telling lies to appease someone.

How the hell does your club expect to have an all seater installed in two months?

seansouth wrote:

How the hell does your club expect to have an all seater installed in two months?

Its either finish on time or play in Dalymount or Tolka, i have faith that it will be done on time (its a prefab stand so drag and drop really). It will be 80% of perm stand with temp seating on till december when it will fully completed.

We have no high profile games for 10 weeks or so so they have more time than posted i reckon it be done in 6 weeks.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

i am not overly confident about a win considering the amount of injuries we have (fabs out for the season:( ) but anyone that is confident can get drogs at 7/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Expect Shamrock Rovers to win comfortably vs Waterford.

Bohs will be a tough nut to crack but Cork City havent lost at home in the league since November 2005, think it will be a draw with more pressure coming in Rico.

Seen Sligo twice this season and have been impressed. Good footballing side and big physical team also. Win for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

18 May 2007
    Shamrock Rovers 8:00 Waterford United Tolka Park - Home
    Bray Wanderers 7:45 Sligo Rovers Carlisle Grounds - Draw
    Cork City 7:45 Bohemians - Home

Galway United 7:45 UCD Terryland Park - Away

19 May 2007
    Longford Town 7:30 Derry City Flancare Park - Draw

21/05/07
    St Patrick's Athletic vs Drogheda United Live on Setanta. - Home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

18 May 2007
    Shamrock Rovers 8:00 Waterford United Tolka Park Home
    Bray Wanderers 7:45 Sligo Rovers Carlisle Grounds Draw
    Cork City 7:45 Bohemians Home
    Galway United 7:45 UCD Terryland Park Away

19 May 2007
    Longford Town 7:30 Derry City Flancare Park Away

21/05/07
    St Patrick's Athletic vs Drogheda United Live on Setanta. Home

How did the FAI **** up? The clubs are playing in two different divisions with two different set of fixture patterns. There was always going to be some clash unless teams ending up playing three games at home or away in a row. Then people would complain about the FAI.

It's not always their fault.
    This is clearly the FAI's fault. They knew that Shams and Shels share a ground when they drew up the fixtures (the FAI even has a policy in favour of ground sharing in Dublin) but never thought to check for a clash. There are plenty of examples around the world of clubs which aren't drawn at home on the same weekend and it's not a complicated thing to manage and the eircom league has managed it every year up to now. There are plenty of examples in the fixtures list of clubs havin a few games home or awy in a row so that argument doesn't hold. This is simply a case of the FAI ****ing up and it's nothing more complicated than that.

What happened was that Shels were copy/pasted into the First Div fixtures in place of Waherfurh after we failed to get the premier licence, and ended up with a first div licence instead.

Nope, we weren't relegated, we just didn't get a Premier licence for the brand-spanking new FAIeLoI.

seansouth wrote:

Nope, we weren't relegated,

You were shelegated :p

kdjac

Get out.

• Advertisement

seansouth wrote:
    Will you be at the match next Thursday Pighead?
    Sure will. Won't get there til 8 o clock though as can't get out of work til 7. Hopefully it'll be a dull drab opening 15 mins followed by 75 minutes of the sexiest football not seen since Ruud Gullits days.

Pighead wrote:
    Sure will. Won't get there til 8 o clock though as can't get out of work til 7.
    Fair weather fan tbh.

I took the day off so I could go.

seansouth wrote:
    Fair weather fan tbh.

Fairweather forever! Pigheads not even from Dundalk. Only supporting them because they're top of the league.

Dondulk forever!

Rovers vs Waterford in Tolka abandoned due to swaying floodlights.

kdjac

Doesn't sound good-unless there's a big insurance payout on the way!!!

Some fans on the pitch too apparently. :rolleyes:

great win for us last night. john o'flynn got a cracker, and when you leave roy in six yards out he aint gonna miss.. only problem was after two goals in quick succession the game kinda died off a bit, and even when bohs scored late on i still felt comfortable..

flynny's goal was one of the best strikes ive seen in a long long time at the cross, first time half volley from a stupidly tight angle from the right of the goal.. delighted for him, it was just what he needed to get his confidence back...

delighted with the three points and the manner in which we got them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Roar wrote:
    great win for us last night. john o'flynn got a cracker, and when you leave roy in six yards out he aint gonna miss.. only problem was after two goals in quick succession the game kinda died off a bit, and even when bohs scored late on i still felt comfortable..

... delighted with the three points and the manner in which we got them
    Wasn't there, but that's not the read from most of the press reports. Seems you bossed the first half (with the help of a gale) and your game dying off was more like we made you sweat as you sat back in the second.
    Incidentally, who will make way for Farrelly, and will he play in July? ;)

you'd think admir softic would make way, but with the way he's been playign recently i dont think you could drop him.. it's up for farrelly and healy to stake their claims for places, they're not going to walk into that team..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Dear God but Sligo Rovers are erratic. :( Come on July and the transfer window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Latest:

Longford Derry City 0 - 42 mins

Athlone Town 0 Limerick37 1 - 55 mins
    Cobh Ramblers 1 Wexford Youths 0 - 42 mins

Praying for equalisers in the 2 above matches of Shels are going to lose further ground on the top 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Results

Premier Division:
    Longford Town 0 Derry City 0

First Division:
    Athlone Town 0 Limerick 37 1
    Cobh Ramblers 1 Wexford Youths 0

just back from cobh.. not a great game by any means, but a very good three points for ramblers considering they were missing a few tonight..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Good win for Limerick away from home, keep the pressure on the top 2.

Results

Premier Division:
    Longford Town 0 Derry City 0

Is that a good result for Longford or a hard earned away point for Derry :confused:

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote:
    Is that a good result for Longford or a hard earned away point for Derry :confused:

O'Halloran was sent off with over 10 mins left, so probably the latter. Well done Nutsy!

Gets Longford off the mark. Again.

Apparently the problem with the lights at Tolka is sorted now. :)

seansouth wrote:
    Fair weather fan tbh.

You have some neck seansouth! You didn't even travel to the field of dreams up in Dundalk last night.
    Fair weather fan tbh.

Pighead wrote:
    You have some neck seansouth! You didn't even travel to the field of dreams up in Dundalk last night.
    Fair weather fan tbh.
    :o

I know, but in my defence, I was waiting for my fcuking polling card so I could vote.

Anyway, I believe Philly Hughes scored an absolute peach.

seansouth wrote:
    :o

I know, but in my defence, I was waiting for my fcuking polling card so I could vote.

Anyway, I believe Philly Hughes scored an absolute peach.
    Haha, alright so,I'll forgive you this once. Missed Crawleys opening goal myself. Ah yeah it was great to see Philly find the back of the net again, it had been a few games. Fast forward the below link to about 1.50. Cracking finish by the wee man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TfBzOWMUGo

Yeah, thanks for that link, it was a great goal, but the defence kept standing off and standing off. Not to take away from the finish though.

Can't believe that Dave 'Creepy' Crawley celebrated so much after O'Dowd's howler for the first.

• Advertisement

seansouth wrote:

Can't believe that Dave 'Creepy' Crawley celebrated so much after O'Dowd's howler for the first.
    Yeah don't think it was anything against Shels to be honest, he's been getting a good bit of stick in recent games from Dundalk supporters and I think he was just letting off a bit of steam. He could have shown a bit more class though I'll agree.

Pighead wrote:
    Yeah don't think it was anything against Shels to be honest, he's been getting a good bit of stick in recent games from Dundalk supporters and I think he was just letting off a bit of steam.
    He got a lot of stick from us the whole time he was at Tolka aswell.
    Pighead wrote:
    He could have shown a bit more class though I'll agree.
    One thing he was never too flush with anyway.

Advertisement