Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i being ripped off??

Options
  • 18-05-2007 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi all, not sure if this is the correct forum for this or not so feel free to move it!

Basically i went to the dentist a couple of weeks ago to get a consultation as my tooth was extremely sore! anyway he charged me 30 euro for the consultation (which was fine) and told me that my tooth had an infection and would have to come out (which was also fine) but then said that i need to get 2 fillings done. But that when im getting these done he would have to put 2 temporary fillings in first (40 euro each) and then will have to take them out and put permanent ones in?? (60 euro each for the permanent ones)
    Also said that to get the tooth out would cost another 60 euro.

So in total its gonna cost me 260 euro for 2 fillings and a tooth out?? is this normal??? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Sounds about right...

are you claiming for PRSI ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

I have to agree that sounds quite reasonable. Just be thankful you dont have to pay for a root canal.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'm not sure about the temp fillings - I never had that done,
    But the prices seem normar

Also as jhegarty asked are you claiming PRSI?

Mik

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭keltoms

yeah im claiming PRSI. it was supposed to be 100 euro per filling before i claimed. suppose i should be grateful its not costing more than it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Why has he to do temporary fillings? That sound's very unusual to me. Any time I've had a filling, it was straight to the permanent one. I thought a temporary one would only be done in an emergency or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Fees to be paid for dental work (with PRSI) can be found here

http://www.welfare.ie/publications/dental_sof.html

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The only thing I cant understand is the temporary fillings. Can you ask why this is necessary? Ive gotten these sometimes, but Ive never been charged for my dentist doing one. God bless his heart :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

That sounds right, Dentists are expensive

Advertisement