Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some eratic delays this morning and last night

Options
  • 18-05-2007 10:53am

I'm experiencing some delays in posting and refreshing pages.
    Threads are showing the 2nd last poster as the last poster in the GE forum sometimes.

The sluggishness in posting replies I've noticed in all fora -not all the time but a lot of the time.

I presume this has something to do with the database problems and what happened the other day to the photography forum?

Someone started a thread in the GE forum the other day and the text disappeared also.

Just thought I'd report this here and see what other people are experiencing if anything.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I have a problem with a few internet sites trying to connect to ad.uk.doubleclick.net on my home PC but until two days ago I never had this problem with boards.ie.

As a result it can take up to 30 seconds for a page to load before the adserver timeout request kicks in. I've tried changing a whole load of settings to alter this but with no luck.

It's strange that this has only stated happening in the pas two days but may be merely coincidental to the database problems.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055094343

Could be something to do with that.

2000 plus is a lot of users fair play.

Funnily enough,it's been flying along since I posted this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Try keep a note of the server that served the page during the slow down and it can be checked into further.

Had a 2 minute load time for a page about 2 minutes or so ago.
    The stat says 53 seconds but it was double that before all was rendered.
    This page came up quick enough after it though.

admin+srv3@boards.ie Page generated in 53.97042 seconds with 14 queries

Advertisement