Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice needed Opel Corsa Diesel brakes

Options
  • 18-05-2007 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm going to replace the front discs and brakes on my opel over the weekend, just need to know what tools I need, heard that the calipers bolts are hex bolts, if so does anyone know what size (7mm or 8mm) also what size are the bolts on the caliper mount.

cheers,

Oh and does the bleed screw have to be open on these when pushing back the caliper??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

From memory its a 7mm hex and I recoomend you open the bleed screw, they can damage the master cyl. otherwise !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Darth Maul

MercMad wrote:
    From memory its a 7mm hex and I recoomend you open the bleed screw, they can damage the master cyl. otherwise !
    Cheers anyone know what the other bolts are, want to make sure I will have it all available before start taking it apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Again from memory I am fairly sure they are 17mm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

What year is the car? I think they might be 17 or 18mm. older opels did suffer from flipping the seal on the master cylinder if you were not carefull pushing the piston back. newer ones are ok. also yes they are 7mm hex.

Advertisement