Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deserts

• 18-05-2007 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

Brothers, what are your opinions on deserts? and have you a favourite?

I was out with herself yesterday and she wanted to stop in somewhere for coffee and cake. I'm not much into deserts, well conventional deserts, so I went with something which I would call a desert. It was frowned upon but I enjoyed it! What I had was a plate of Rostis, its similar to hashbrowns!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

jester77 wrote:
    Brothers, what are your opinions on deserts? and have you a favourite?
    The Sahara is always universally popular, but I'm partial to the Atacama myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

The Gobi.

We're a bit shy on the desert side of things here in Ireland, but with all this global warming, you never know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The Negev is a nice one too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Darn, I need to return to an English speaking country....
    ... but the beer, I have to think of the beer....
    hmm, on second thoughts... I'll sacrifice my diminishing English language skills for quality beer :D

So desserts brothers, desserts..... would you be for a plate of fried potatoes over a knickerbocker glory?[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

jester77 wrote:
    ..... would you be for a plate of fried potatoes over a knickerbocker glory?

A large port & a platter of cheeses, or an espresso & a brandy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Deep fried Mars Bar, especially now that Mars are gonna contain animal products. How long I have waited for a meat based dessert.

Fuisciardi's on Capel Street do them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

6th wrote:
    Deep fried Mars Bar, especially now that Mars are gonna contain animal products. How long I have waited for a meat based dessert.

Fuisciardi's on Capel Street do them.

What are they like??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

they're mank! a chipper in ballygall sell em! i had one once and nearly threw up! batter on the outside and melting caramel and nougat inside!lol not the best combo!

Advertisement