Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Refund-Meteor phone,

Options
  • 18-05-2007 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Hi i bought a phone (Nokia 2310) in a meteor phone shop for my mum for her birthday as the no's were falling of her 3510i, so i thought i'd get her a new one!

But it turned out to be an unwanted gift, so i thought i'd bring it back-but when i found out the fella told me it's a second-hand-phone now, i said WHAT!

He said that the box was open & there was a call made that day, i proceeded to tell him this:

The girl in the shop asked me that day to check it if it was ok, as i thought it was normal procedure, put a sim card in for me, but i didnt realise til yer man told me there was a no. rang as well ? what did i know :confused:

Now should i have been briefed about refunds or something else.

What are my rights considering this matter :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭calsatron

None, they are under no obiligation to offer replacement or refund on the basis that you no longer want the product. Regardless of whether it's used or unused.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

On that note, bought a vodafone as pressie few months back and the guy in shop registered it to the present receivers phone (over the web so they would get the full amount) Thought great but afterwards realised that if they didn't want it, they couldn't change it........ beware. (thankfully they liked it!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

Yeah, its one you dont think of :( I can probably get someone to sell the phone for me, what available credit do you normally get for the phone (as i know you get E20 extra for bringing your no. over to another network)
    so's i can use it as a bargaining chip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

standbyme wrote:
    Yeah, its one you dont think of :( I can probably get someone to sell the phone for me, what available credit do you normally get for the phone (as i know you get E20 extra for bringing your no. over to another network)
    so's i can use it as a bargaining chip :)
    €40 comes with the phone over a few months. you won't get much for it tbh

who says you get an extra €20 for bringing your number over? i heard nothing about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Phone companies want you to keep your old number because they get 5-7 c per minute on each call you receive.

Thats why, when they announce their ARU (average revenue per user) its always a lot higher than you imagine an average bill is. The ARU is the revenue they get from you plus the revenue they get from others who call you from their phones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement