Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy sheets of 2mm thick clear PVC?

Options
  • 18-05-2007 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Anyone know of a source for this in Dublin? It is for dampening the bottoms of drum cymbals so that they do not sound (whilst maintaining the visual appearance). I have tried 4mm that I managed to snaffle from a strip-door supplier but it is too heavy duty and stops the cymbal swinging naturally. They only supply 2mm product in 200mm strips and i need a sheet 500mm wide.
    Any thoughts or alternatives? Now there's an unusual challenge.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

Thanks for the link. Tried them but they couldn't supply flexible clear plastic strip. They recommended strip curtain suppliers so I will have a search around for these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

pretty sure i seen some in B&Q in swords beside the entrance to the garden center. Could have been plastic though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

Thanks. I had been to B&Q's, Altantic, Woodies and a couple of smaller retail outlets but they either only stocked thin PVC sheeting for gardening/ dust sheets (less than .5mm thick) or solid plastic like acrylic / perspex.
    Innovative suggestions welcome regarding a clear, flexible alternative material - that's the joy of fora, I suppose. You never know what ideas are out there just waiting to be capitalised upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Smirky

Try William Cox Ltd - they are pretty industrial though so you might need to tell them you need a prototype for a potentially larger order! ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 silhouette

There's stuff called styrene that modelmakers use and it comes in various thicknesses. You can get it in O'Sullivan Graphics on Grantham Street (off Camden Street). Its white, though, not clear. Otherwise you could get 2mm perspex but thats a bit more brittle and not as easy to cut to shape.

Advertisement