Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landis aide threatens LeMond

Options
  • 18-05-2007 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

Landis' manager, Will Geoghegan. According to LeMond, who yesterday admitted before the panel to being sexually abused as a child, Geoghegan called him and said, "Hi, Greg, this is your uncle," before adding, "I'll be there tomorrow and we can talk about how we used to hide your weenie."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_sports/2007/05/18/2007-05-18_landis_aide_threatens_lemond.html

Is this the single worst thing you have ever heard? How much of a den of vipers and scumbags must professional cycling be that this sort of thing can happen?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Even though I haven't been impressed by the conduct of the Landis camp to date, what happened yesterday left me speechless. Aside from the sheer scumbaggery of it all, it's amazing that Geoghegan actually thought he could get away with a stunt like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Bad craic that altogether, good that he was fired immediately.

Irrespetive of actual doping or not, how come LeMond seems to have his oar in all these affairs? Didn't he also have a bust-up with Lance Armstrong too?
    Was his own career always free from suspicion, I mean those were the days when the doping was rife.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Lemond was called up because Landis implied to him in a phone conversation that he was guilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

It's a ridiculous situation....

Advertisement