Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ANOTHER injury...

• 18-05-2007 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

Breaking News: WWE Star Suffers Broken Neck?
    Date Added: May 17, 2007
    Story By: Will Hengelbrok
    Bryan Alvarez of f4wonline.com is reporting that Shane Helms has a major neck injury, perhaps a possible break.

He has apparently seen Dr. Lloyd Youngblood today and may be the next person in line for fusion surgery.

Im not sure how credible this is, if indeed it did happen,it must of been at a house show, terrible for helms

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm sure it's credible enough if Alvarez is reporting it, he gets his stuff right. Pity for Helms. It's been a while since someone was last out with a neck injury, I suppose in a way they've been kinda lucky after all the injuries in the past. Hopefully he'll be ok anyway, Edge had fusion surgery and he seems to be grand now

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Fozzy wrote:
    Edge had fusion surgery and he seems to be grand now
    If anything he's better than ever!

Thats bad news for Helms. I enjoy watching his stuff on SD. I was quite annoyed that he lost the cruiser weight title to Chavo earlier this year. What was the point?! Chavo hasn't done anything with it since. They could have kept it on Helms and continued to bulid his character but noooooooooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

He is supposed to be having the surgery on Monday and will be out for a year. Always liked Helms as a wrestler, shame this happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

At least he's ok, when I saw he had a broken neck I thought the worst. Hope he's back soon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Gregory Helms is doing well after undergoing surgery today to repair two broken vertebrae in his neck. The SmackDown Superstar and former Cruiserweight Champion is expected to be out of action between nine months and a full year while recuperating and rehabbing his neck.

The extent of the injury to his neck was determined when Helms consulted with Dr. Lloyd Youngblood last week. Dr. Youngblood performed the surgery on Helms earlier today, and Helms is said to be in high spirits.

Dont be suprise if he is let go (like what they did with Test awhile back when he was injured)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

They won't let him go after all this buildup.
    However don't be surprised if he returns as a heavyweight instead of a cruiserweight. He's about the same size as Christian now :)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Apparantly during the surgery, Dr. Youngblood dropped his pen into Helms back and forgot to take it out. A bizzare event followed: Upon waking, the pen turned to an upright position and now Shane Helm's back looks as if it is on an erection. I hope the WWE capitalize on this when he returns. They could call him "The Pen Man" and have him push the pen into the eyes of his opponents. It would truely make for tremendous television.

Advertisement