Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't ever, ever, EVER, get broadband or any service off UTV

Options
  • 18-05-2007 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

I have been with UTV for over three years now and man am I pissed off. Lets start at the start, my greivances are as follows.

1. They dropped their prices (from €32 to €25) yet I could not avail of this unless I signed a new 12 month contract. I didn't, i quit.

2. They charge €15 for every gig over the 12gig bandwidth limit!!!!!!!!!

3. After being with them for over 3 years they want me to return the sh1te modem I got 3 years ago. I have no idea where it is, got a proper router not long after I got the line

4. They expect you to pay to cancel your account???

5. They are still charging me a month and a half after I canceled my account and by the sound of the lad in accounts, I am not the only one. He knew what my problem was as soon as I said I had canceled my account. I now have to cancel my credit card as I can't stop them from charging me, blood...........starting........to boil...........

So, please please please, if you have any sense, never ever ever deal in any way with UTV.

:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Shouldn't this be in Broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

esskay wrote:
    I have been with UTV for over three years now and man am I pissed off. Lets start at the start, my greivances are as follows.

1. They dropped their prices (from €32 to €25) yet I could not avail of this unless I signed a new 12 month contract. I didn't, i quit.

2. They charge €15 for every gig over the 12gig bandwidth limit!!!!!!!!!

3. After being with them for over 3 years they want me to return the sh1te modem I got 3 years ago. I have no idea where it is, got a proper router not long after I got the line

5. They are still charging me a month and a half after I canceled my account and by the sound of the lad in accounts, I am not the only one. He knew what my problem was as soon as I said I had canceled my account. I now have to cancel my credit card as I can't stop them from charging me, blood...........starting........to boil...........

So, please please please, if you have any sense, never ever ever deal in any way with UTV.

:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad:

Of course you knew all this beforehand because you read the terms and conditions before you signed up? Didn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

esskay wrote:
    So who do you recommend (given that most of those are common to a lot of ISPs).
    watty wrote:
    Shouldn't this be in Broadband?
    Yes probably, but I've a feeling this thread won't be unlocked for very long, and as a consumer issue, I'll leave it here for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

esskay wrote:

use the internet archive here to find the contract u signed, I know for a fact the conditions of newer contracts had more terms, and therefore they may be trying to enforms trms that don't apply to u.

One mean ass company AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

esskay wrote:

Why not just leave if they are that bad ? anyway....
    esskay wrote:

You were happy with the original price , so you signed up . If you renewed your contract , you would have been on the new rate . Since you quit , you don't pay them anything .... where is the problem ?
    esskay wrote:

2. They charge €15 for every gig over the 12gig bandwidth limit!!!!!!!!

Thats what limits are , go over them and usually something happens or it costs money . If you are unhappy with the limit , move up to a package with a higher limit or move to a different provider.
    esskay wrote:

If you read what you signed originally , you'll probably find it says somewhere that the modem remains the property of UTV and they'll want it back ( or money) no matter how sh1te it may be.

esskay wrote:

Its usually in the contract you sign that you have have to pay if you want to leave before the contract is up.

Dunno about this bit , maybe they are still charging you because you didnt pay to cancel ?

:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad:[/QUOTE]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

kaizersoze wrote:
    Of course you knew all this beforehand because you read the terms and conditions before you signed up? Didn't you?

It's in the terms and conditions that they can continue to charge you after you have cancelled. I must start reading those things properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭esskay

I'm with digiweb now

Advertisement