Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dial up connects automatically

Options
  • 18-05-2007 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Howdy

I'm still on dial up which when I double click on say IE I have to physically click on "Dial" in order to connect. I am happy enough with this.

I have noticed lately that it often connects itself. There are some programs that connect in order to check for updates. There is also an automatic update that connects every so often for Apple/Itunes.

Is there anyway to blanket block these things from connecting automatically or do I have to change preferences in each application? My worry is I leave the pc on converting files etc overnight and it decides to connect itself to the internet without me knowing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Have you your anti-virus, anti-spyware up to date.

If so use this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Petes link should work. Let us know if it doesn't and theres something else we can try.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

open the dial up properties in internet explorer settings and change it to never dial a connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Cheers guys I'll give it a shot over the weekend when I am at home

Advertisement