Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would've made Oblivion perfect

• 18-05-2007 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Things that IMO would've made Oblivion close to perfect:
    - With mods, or during certain quests, you may get some guys to follow you and fight by your side. Thats great, but a better way of organizing parties would've added a great plus. The characters that follow you, well they just follow you. There is not much interaction, you can not control them, ask them to carry stuff etc. Not much quest related characters, nothing gained on building up confidence... Those playing KOTOR or Arcanum know what I mean...
    - Romance... where is the love? I think adding a bit of a love story there would've made it much better... Him/her saving the world, to make it a better/worse place for her/him... That would've added some salt&pepper.
    - AI is very good, great I'd say... People meeting up on the streets, chatting nonsense, eating, sleeping, stealing, fighting whatever... Now that's just great. A bit of scratches here and there which sort of damage the looks... For instance I whacked someone while sleeping, blood all over the place, another character came and sat in bed near the dead body. AI thinks -> guy dead, means bed is not taken...
    - Guards and prison and fights and stuff... I think a small tweak like not having to pay a fine just for punching someone in the tavern would've made it more fun. Also if starting a fight with someone and almost finishing off the guy... the character should have the option to "surrender" as you "yield" at them, they should yield at you..

Any other suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

multiplayer, how awesome would it be to make a guild and complete the missions together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

funny enough I really liked the xploring the paper map of morrowind especially investigating the x's, I missed that in Oblivion, plus the map was in colour in morrowind!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Duras wrote:
    - AI is very good, great I'd say... People meeting up on the streets, chatting nonsense, eating, sleeping, stealing, fighting whatever... Now that's just great. A bit of scratches here and there which sort of damage the looks... For instance I whacked someone while sleeping, blood all over the place, another character came and sat in bed near the dead body. AI thinks -> guy dead, means bed is not taken...

I think the AI glitches are great. While taking away from the realism of thee game they do make the game more fun to play plus it would be next to impossible for the designers to get something like this perfect. the monetary and time costs would take development away from other aspects of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

In my new Oblivion game Malcom (is that his name? The last heir of the Emperor) got into a weird AI glitch where he just kept punching things. It started with me, and only when I was talking to him. Later on I saw him laying into the wall going beserk while everyone else sat around eating and reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'd prefer the old map system were you have to find the location yourself. the game is too easy aside from making the combat difficult. Morrowind was a mess but they cleaned it up too much with Oblivion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

LeixlipRed wrote:
    I'd prefer the old map system were you have to find the location yourself. the game is too easy aside from making the combat difficult. Morrowind was a mess but they cleaned it up too much with Oblivion

Yup there is very little sense of exploration in Oblivion

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Zillah wrote:
    In my new Oblivion game Malcom (is that his name? The last heir of the Emperor) got into a weird AI glitch where he just kept punching things. It started with me, and only when I was talking to him. Later on I saw him laying into the wall going beserk while everyone else sat around eating and reading.

Too much skooma by the sounds of it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BENJAMIN61

less bugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 JohnG2176

an auto aim for the bow would have been nice, haven't ever used the weapon in combat as i find the aiming is too finicky/slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭h8red

JohnG2176 wrote:
    an auto aim for the bow would have been nice, haven't ever used the weapon in combat as i find the aiming is too finicky/slow

Wouldn't happen to be playin on a console there would ya?

I think Oblivion would have been way better if it had just been Morrowind with Oblivion graphics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

JohnG2176 wrote:

I bet you're on the 360?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lhanz

I think if the forests would be better (diffrent trees, and more water's), less buggs, and the fortresses' better/diffrent from each other, i would be happy :)

Probably can't do it yet, but for the next gen consoles using Blu Ray, I'd love to be able to explore the entire continent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

- more voice actors (see the zero punctuation view for what I'm on about)

- less glitchy items that permanently stay in the inventory

- wider variety of armours and weapons

I guess fan mods address some of 2&3 but often aren't compatible with each other.

Advertisement