Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 3 experiences

Options
  • 18-05-2007 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting a Mazda 3 (circa 2004) as my next car to replace my Polo. It'll be my 2nd car ever and one I'll be keeping for a good few years so I was looking for first hand opinions on the car.

Reviews on the likes of Honest John seem favourable and I think they drive quite well.

Also, alternative suggestions would be much appreciated so I can get a better feel for what I want.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Which model will you be going for?

My friend has the 1.4 Touring hatchback, said it was a bit under powered.

I was looking at getting one, and was looking at the 1.6 Touring hatchback, very nice car on the inside imo.

However, if the budget could stretch to it, i'd be looking at the 2005 Leon. Similar type of car, but better looking imo, and comes with a better stadard spec sheet. On the other hand though, i think the interior is a bit bland in comparison to the Mazda.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

1.6 Touring hatchback for me, although the saloon is quite nice looking too.

I'll check out the Leon.

fasty wrote:

I'll check out the Leon.
    where are you based?

There is one goign cheap in letterkenny at the moment, but it is possibly a bit too cheap if you get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Living in South Dublin atm, I work near Clondalkin.

fasty wrote:
    Living in South Dublin atm, I work near Clondalkin.
    fair enough - i'm in the same sort of area and letterkenny is just that bit too far to buy a car from a dealer, as the chances of me driving, or towing it back to the garage in event of an issue would be slim. plus the odds of me finding the place in letterkenny...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

fasty wrote:

I'll check out the Leon.

A mate of mine has the 1.6 touring hatchback and likes it a lot. He's on the motoway pretty regularly, and it's well able to cope. Nice looking car too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I've a 1.4 touring hatch and I love it.
    The only thing I'd change it to go up in engine size.

I've had it on the motorway in France and it copes fine, but is a bit loud at 130km/h.

It's great for surfboards/kayaks/dogs etc. I've Mazda roof bars for mine - takes less than 5 minutes to put them on or remove them (hard points in the gutters on the roof). Services are ~140 in my main dealer (Cork), I've had mine just over 2 years from new and never done anything but put petrol in it.

Advertisement