Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOTF II - Oh Ye!

Options
  • 18-05-2007 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Well BOTF was a popular but annoying game due to the length of turn time.
    Allot of people love it and as any fans will know there have been 2 projects under construction.

BOTF II
    and
    BOTE (Birth of The Empires)

BOTE Alpha is out now, no combat in it yet it is all handled behind the turns but its non the less an enjoyable game, bits of it are still in german but thats ok. Cant wait for the next release.
    Unlike the orginal you can reach 250 turns and when you hit that the turns start to take around 3-4 seconds while in the 1st game, the official game turns could take up to and above 60 mins.

At the mo you can only play as

Romulans
    Klingons
    Federation

To be added later

Cardassian
    Dominion
    Ferengi

The AI can play as all 6 but you can only play as the first 3.
    The game is quite small and well worth the DL

http://botfii.armadafleetcommand.com/index.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Is Birth of the Federation 2 an offical sequel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

no its better.

instead if just dilithum there is now

dilithum
    titan
    duterium
    crystals
    iradum
    duraniam

Troops have to be build on planets at barecks and then loaded onto a ship that goes tothe front lines for the attacking of planets.

The game is great fun
    its not offical because micropose closed down but its fun and its free and legal download.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Aw man. You really got my hopes up when I saw the thread title :(

I would love to see a true sequel to BOTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

its true enough, its a great game its the same map and interface just with new things added

Advertisement