Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable Games

Options
  • 18-05-2007 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I just thougt I would list some of the portable games I'm playing now in case any of you haven't heard of them and are missing out.

When I say portable games I mean games you can put on a usbkey and play them on any pc you plug it into without any install.
    Games that run from the usb key.

Heres the ones I have on my usbkey at the mo:

1.Battle Tanks II I love this game! set yourself to the in-tank view and switch off the autoaim for some serious fun.

2.Ignition A classic game, think micro machines but cooler. Also you can play 2 player splitscreen on the one keboard!

3.Warsow Its sort of like a cell shaded Unreal tournament type thingy. real easy to get a lan game going on, so if you're a phonemonkey in an office somewhere you can have deathmatches with your mates, and when the boss is due back from lunch? whip out the usb key and there is no evidence of messing about whatsoever.

4.Wesnoth Top down turn based strategy game. Seems good, haven't played it much yet though.

5.Beneath a steel sky Flight of the Amazon queen Two oldschool point and click adventures in case you have a lot of time to kill.

6.Sumotori Bizzare little Sumo game thats actualy quite a good laugh for a little while, you can play 2 player on 1 keyboard. Uses something called procedural programming to fit a lot of graphics and physics into a tiny 199kb file. The same process is used for the incredible Debris Demo but youl need a powerfull machine to play it smoothly.

Well thats it for now. I'll add some more later, or if anyone else knows of some good portable games please post them.

Cheers,
    Stagolee

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Good stuff, I'll give em a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Ah Ignition I was addicted to that game for some time.
    Im gonna reinstall it now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

Another one just occurred to me (when I say "just occurred to me" I mean I stayed up till 2am playing it last night).

7. UFO: Enemy Unknown Its a really good old turn based strategy game. It works fine from a usb key although it did set my windows desktop resolution to 640x480 or something else equally horrible at least once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

battletanks 2 is good fun :) thx

MooseJam wrote:
    battletanks 2 is good fun :) thx

Heh heh, its a good'un alright. If only someone would write some netcode for it to make it playable over a LAN it would be one of the best free games out there in my opinion :) .

• Advertisement

I know I'll get grief for reanimating this dessicated corpse of an old thread but I had to add in:

8. Ur Quan Masters Its basically the old action/strategy game "Star Control 2" from the Sega Megadrive and some other old systems. Its a great game if you have a lot of time to kill.

Advertisement