Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL billing issue

Options
  • 18-05-2007 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I got NTL digital & broadband installed about 6 months ago. Basically it seems that they didnt set my account up properly. I never got a bill and when i rang them up a few times they werent able to find any account details for me. when i asked how to find out my account number they said just wait for a bill. so i did.. never got one! digital tv doesnt really work lately, only have a few channels but i still have broadband(althouggh its unreliable). they rang me recently saying my account wasnt set up properly and that they need the serial number from my modem. i fobbed them off and said i was busy at work.

just wondering where i stand with this when they ring back. can they bill me for the last 6 months? has something like this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

oochie wrote:
    I got NTL digital & broadband installed about 6 months ago. Basically it seems that they didnt set my account up properly. I never got a bill and when i rang them up a few times they werent able to find any account details for me. when i asked how to find out my account number they said just wait for a bill. so i did.. never got one! digital tv doesnt really work lately, only have a few channels but i still have broadband(althouggh its unreliable). they rang me recently saying my account wasnt set up properly and that they need the serial number from my modem. i fobbed them off and said i was busy at work.

just wondering where i stand with this when they ring back.
    can they bill me for the last 6 months? has something like this happened to anyone else?

Yes they sure can. Using a service without paying for it - even if you did try at one stage - would be regarded by a third party as stealing particularly now that they have requested your modem number and you refused to give it to them.

if you are having poor service then you should put that on record to them immediately. As far as they are concerned at the moment you have had service for six months and they have had no payment for it and they are unaware of any complaints on the service from you (at least I am presuming from your post above that you have not complained to them formerly)

Advertisement