Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XSeries is coming to three - June 25th!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Using an n73 and n80 so I'm not sure if the e65 is the same but I would assume it is.

Go to the download page, bookmark it. Then go to your bookmarks, select the bookmark you just added and choose 'Manage Bookmarks' from the options menu and then 'Edit' This will bring up a form with 2 fields, one displaying the name of the bookmark, usualy the page title and the other displaying the URL.

Have to say X-Series is now working very well for me - the only issue I'm having is getting a codec missing message on most Internet TV channels in Orb but I can live without Estonian TV ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

^^ What Bluefrog said.
    You can use the # key to select all the text in a field and then copy it in to notes application for example etc..
    Though I doubt your links will work as I've gotten web gatway replies from similar type addresses. If I had the sis or sisx files instead of d/load links I could test it with the add on.
    Once they are installed on your phone you can use either app manager or the excellent free Y Browser file manager to find the sis files.
    Cheers!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It seems to delete the .sisx file once it's downloaded and installed but I did manage to grab a copy of it again by stopping it part way through the install so try taking a copy of it from here SlingPlayerMobile_N73_Latest_live.sisx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Nice one Robinph! I'll test it against Slings generic symbian one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Doe sling have any streaming problems with X-series? My orb streaming only lasts serveral minutes before going into a never-ending buffering. Pc to PC Orb is totally fine so it must be Three.

If someone has sling can they confirm that you can watch a complete program for say a half hour?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The streaming was working fine with sling over the three network yesterday. Whilst i was watching the rugby on the tv i streamed the ireland germany game to my mobile so i could keep an eye on the score, the stream only died once through the whole game.

robinph wrote: »
    The streaming was working fine with sling over the three network yesterday. Whilst i was watching the rugby on the tv i streamed the ireland germany game to my mobile so i could keep an eye on the score, the stream only died once through the whole game.

That's the problem though. It's ok for sling as you are watching live TV and carry on. With ORB pre-recorded programs once the streaming stops you go back to the start again

That's the problem though. It's ok for sling as you are watching live TV and carry on. With ORB pre-recorded programs once the streaming stops you go back to the start again
    The Sling streams are running OK for me for at least half an hour when I've left it running that long. I have been having trouble with streaming from the BBC radio though through Real player and that keeps on timing out after about a minute every time, I've just not got round to calling them up to complain about it yet though.

If I remember to leave my PC on tomorrow then I'll have a go at streaming via ORB during a quite moment in work and see how long that lasts for.

When I did a test for three support at work the stream managed to last 20 minutes otherwise the previous best was 11. Most of the time it's from one and a half to about 4. Occurs on more than one phone.

Three's client isn't working for me so far - first I was getting a message can not locate finder id service. Then I got a 'this is not a valid finder id' message though I've confirmed the finder id is correct.

Anyway, tried sling's own client and it works, hmmmm, ok. Not great on my N80 though, viewing area is very small - only about half the screen even in fullscreen mode.

My two biggest gripes about both clients are:
    1. you can't choose what connection to use - sometimes I'd like the option to use wi-fi but I can't seem to switch after I make my inital choice on the slingmedia player and three never gives me the choice.
    2. You must install both clients on the phone memory - I would like the option to install on my memory card - it's a big app as phone apps go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

Bluefrog,

are you connecting to your slingbox though ip address or finder id, running it on win mobile 6 device and cant connect through 3 at all but can through wifi.

corm

Actually, did a bit more research on this and I found the direct download page for the n73 so was able to get that on my n80 and use it to download and reinstall. Able to connect now without issue with the Three client. Simpsons on the bus - my life is almost complete.

I'm wondering if there is a difference between the sisx file for the N73 and the E65 as the display looks pretty crappy on my N80 but the E65 screen is the same dimensions as the N80 as far as I can figure.

Anyone who has got an E65 version of this SISX file? I'd be mighty interested in testing :)

Bluefrog wrote: »
    I'm wondering if there is a difference between the sisx file for the N73 and the E65 as the display looks pretty crappy on my N80 but the E65 screen is the same dimensions as the N80 as far as I can figure.

Anyone who has got an E65 version of this SISX file? I'd be mighty interested in testing :)
    The E65 ssix file that I downloaded for the Three branded version of the player the file name actually called itself the N73 version so I think there is only the one version. The official Sling version does give me proper full screen though on the E65, I've not yet decided if I'll splash out on that version or not yet though.

I suspected that as Sling's own client was behaving the same way.

I didn't get true fullscreen on the N80 but I think I may know why - I suspect that the better resolution on the N80 is the problem because it's shrinking the display even in fullscreen mode

I think Slingmedia have to do quite a bit of work before the Symbian client is worth paying for. I've heard much better things about their Windows mobile client. I guess I'm either watching a tiny screen or taking my N73 along with me.

Oh well, I had fun setting up the wireless bridge for the slingbox anyway.

Advertisement