Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to pass?

Options
  • 18-05-2007 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Ok. So I've my driving test on June 19. I wanna pass on the first go so I intend to get a few lessons first. Any other tips? Thread has probably been done a 100 times before but anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Just make sure you do a pre test as well. By the way, I got lashed out of it in the pretest which I did the day before the real test, despite driving on my 2nd provisional for 9 months without issue!. I think I had 18 X marks meaning a definite fail. However, when I did the actual test the following day I passed with flying colours.

The driving teacher agreed that alot of instructors mark people hard to knock cockiness out of them, a bit like the mock leaving cert when the teachers do be evil marking the mock exams.

If you do badly in the pretest, think of my story above and go for it!

Other than that, the lessons should go through all the other stuff you should need to know.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

TBH, doing pretests is no guarantee of a pass. I did about 5 pretests with a very good instructor who thought I would pass. I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

One common sense tip given to me by my driving instuctor was to give the the examiner a nice smooth relaxing drive (not that easy when your clutch foot has got the shakes!). Brake smoothly and in time, correct speed going around corners/turning, no suddden acc/dec - gives the examiner the impression you are in full control of the car. Makes a difference when they might have had an uncomfortable half an hour previously with someone who was quite unable to drive.

Advertisement