Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gypsy carwash

Options
  • 18-05-2007 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else see the roma gypsies (as far as I know, they are the same crowd out begging in shop street anyway) giving cars an involuntary window wash on Forster street in the heavy traffic today? One fella had the squeegee and was going at it like the hammers, while an older lad equipped with the bottle of suds with his missus looked on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Brilliant, not sixty seconds after I posted that, one of them called to the door with a nice laminated card. Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ha, I used to wash windscreens in Oz for a while.
    Mine could use a once over, might go looking for them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Dirty feckers, they're at it on the M50 in Dublin too, nearly the cause of a crash one day when I Was driving.

When the fecker tried to clean my window I just gave the oul window washers a good blast. He then proceeded to knock on my window and beg me for money. I couldn't help but notice all his gold teeth... Wonder how much one of those would be worth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

What happens if you don't pay?

Do they bang your car and leave a dent?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

Hahaha, they try all the old fashioned tricks to get your money.

You don't pay they will eventually get bored and move to their next trick... If they bang your car just [modedit]
    ran over them
    stop, get out and lock your car. Hit them back equally. Then leave peaceably.[/modedit]

• Advertisement
Advertisement