Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

id like a new bike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Would you consider a 2nd hand bike? You can get something with a higher end groupset for the same money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

yeah im open to anything, id love to get a second hand bike and put a bit of tlc into it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

The Langster is ok for the money, but its got no passion or soul (as sad as that sounds). Its mass produced. Alot of fixies are older and go cheap on ebay. A friend got a 1962 Carlton track bike for about €200 or €300 including shipping with luggeed framework. Try Bob Jackson bikes based in Leeds, quality and reasonably priced. I think they do custom builds around your body measurements for about £450 or regular frames for about £300.
    I built my fixie up with an old road bike frame, cheap Mavic 3 rims on a cheap system Ex track hub and some generic front hub. I did get a cheap set of Sugino 165mm cranks for it as a road bike has a lower bottom bracket than a regular track bike....its not fun clipping pedals when taking corners. I used spare parts to put the rest of it together that I had lying around.

A friend is actually looking to see his Bianchi track bike right now too. I think its a 56cm frame and is a little too small for him (he's currently riding the 1962 Carlton after buying it from my other friend).
    Send me a PM if your interested and I'll pass on his details to you if you like.

Pete.

Advertisement