Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Monaghan Broadband

Options
  • 18-05-2007 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

There have probably been hundreds of posts like this one but here goes, I hope this reminds those political animals that are doing house calls at the moment that all is not well in the communication world.
    I live in Mid Monaghan close to Castleblayney, (not my fault, that’s where my business is) I have been searching for broadband for quite a few months, my Eircom line fails the BB test, like many others in the area and no FWA operators have deployed here. This must be the last town in Ireland with a population of 4 Thousand people without an FWA service. Why do FWA operators pile into already serviced areas and leave other areas totally blank, Carrickmacross same size town 15Km away has 3 FWA operators??

Here are the responses from the operators.
    Net 1 – (probably my best hope since they concentrate on the north east) – nothing happening, they don’t reply to mail or phone, are they out of business??

Digiweb – no further upgrades to the network until 4 G rollout.

IBB – deploying in Cavan will eventually have the country covered in 3 – 4 years.

ICE BB – (after Mr Rooneys comment of enabling 30 more towns this year) – accepted my order and it will remain on the database probably for ever.

Eircom do provide a FWA service in Castleblayney but the usual paying through the nose for install and ongoing charge for a sh**e service does not appeal.

Are there any other operators worth a calling?
    :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Are there any other operators worth a calling?
    :mad:
    Possibly consider some of the mobile companies's 3g offerings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 unidentifiable

Thanks Skeptic, I am on the fringe for 3G, I tried it and the transfer rates were very variable.
    Interesting to see a seperate post on Mantis broadband in Limerick, are we likely to see more small wireless providers pop up when the MANs get fired up?

I understood a big problem for wireless operators was access to backhaul and Enet access was equally difficult to secure and expensive.

Advertisement