Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this OK for QX6700

Options
  • 18-05-2007 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I've a Zalman CNPS7700-CU Copper 120mm in my current P4 machine - will it do the business in a QX6700/Striker Extreme build?

Also, anyone got a stock HSF they no longer require?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The 7700 might do it at full speed on the fan controller but I'm not sure at any lower speed as I hear those quad's get toasty I bought a TuniQ Tower 120 for a Q6600 I intend to pick up.

(You might want to check the 7700 you have came with s775 mounts as well)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

Thanks 8T8 - I think I don't have the mounts. Might be as well getting something new.

I'll be ordering a gfx card from dabs.ie this evening - might as well take advantage of the free delivery. Can you recommend a cooler from their site? I don't think they stock the tuniq and I'm not a big fan of the ninja - ugly looking beast!

Thanks as always!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

A Zalman 9500 should be sufficient.

Advertisement