Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betfair Direct

• 18-05-2007 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

Anyone use it? It'd be great if it actually worked, but so far today its crashed about 5 times. Not very trustworthy if you're trading! Still, the 1 second auto-refresh is great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Robin1982

I've started using it but the only market I have been viewing has been the Irish Open (Golf) so refresh rates are not a major concern yet. I believe Betfair itself was experiencing problems today, rather than the software.

I prefer using a stand-alone application such as this rather than the browser but there is plenty of work to be done on it before its as good as some of the commercial and even free tools out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Fairbot was great, but you only have 15 days free. I cant stand the Bet Angel interface, and BetTrader Pro is overkill, and expensive. Betfair Direct is perfect for what I want, but I won't be using it for real until I know its a bit more robust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭TOm Kelly

Forum posts over there suggest teething problems with it ...

I used the trial of BetTraderPro ... trying out some trading ... frantic stuff in the minutes before off in horse racing ... extremely difficult to grab price changes - not because of software but because speed of changes ... I liked the one click bet aspect of it - but it froze on a few occasions on me - and cost me over 100 euro once when I could not trade out - I was lucky to get away that low as I had more exposure at other times ... however the free trial is worth looking at - but be careful ....

I have looked at BetAngel but not used - appears to be widely used and mainly positive feedback - the paid version seems to be good ...

another with fairly good reviews is Gruss - think it costs 5 sterling a month - but I have not tried ...

bet-ie is another I have seen recommended in places - don't know anything about it - it is here: http://www.bettingprofitsoftware.com/index/index.html

and a free one that is newish and still being developed - but with good reviews is bfexplorer -
    http://bfexplorer.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭liamdubh

I've been using Betfair for years but I've never used one of these applications before...what do you use them for? Trying to trade quickly or what?

It's plain old Firefox 2.0 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

most useful features are auto-refresh down to fractions of a second, one click betting, greening up and stop-loss features. Most useful for trading but I like using them for watching in-play markets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

I use Bet Angel alongside the standard interface and it works marvelously for me.

Advertisement