Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students go mad at the Cinema

• 18-05-2007 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

About 200 students were at the cinema today after school throwing eggs and water bombs.

What was the point in this?

They threw water bombs at some guy on crutches and laughed at him ???:confused:

A rivalry has been suggested.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Were they from any particular school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Was this inside the cinema?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Dev 17

I went to a school in Kilkenny. Hope it wasn't my school involved. Wouldn't be surprised though. What colour uniforms. Was it Kieran's or Kilkenny College.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

It happened at the Gaol Road, at around half 4. There was always a problem with water balloons and the like there. On Friday, the cops drove past and some lad from the CBS threw an egg at the cop car, which lead to a number of young lads being arrested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Was there when it happened!!! CBS, Kireans,Pres and Loretto.

Disgracefull!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Bond-007 wrote:
    Was this inside the cinema?

Outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

djpaul wrote:
    Outside.
    I was wondering what picture was that bad to get a response as described.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Would I be right in guessing that the Leaving Cert students officially finished up that day?

If they did, then the flour/egg/water balloon throwing is an annual event on that day.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Nightwish wrote:
    On Friday, the cops drove past and some lad from the CBS threw an egg at the cop car, which lead to a number of young lads being arrested.

Serves em right, they should stick muppets like that in a cell for the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

It was a bunch of little 3rd and 4th years messing from kierans:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Plug wrote:
    It was a bunch of little 3rd and 4th years messing from kierans:rolleyes:

Some 6th years need to bully them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

BeatNikDub wrote:
    About 200 students were at the cinema today after school throwing eggs and water bombs.

What was the point in this?

They threw water bombs at some guy on crutches and laughed at him ???:confused:

A rivalry has been suggested.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Just typical hoodlums. It bastards like that are why I think the Gvt should get off their lazy asses arm the Gardai and let them loose and bring down the crime.

Hooliganism like this will kill the Tourist industry [where the majority of Irish ecomony is based on] Last year my family and I got pelted with water ballons from the hoodlums walking up Mayor's walk up to the castle. To this day I still don't know what sopped me from killing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Cabaal wrote:
    Some 6th years need to bully them :D
    Like me:mad:

Advertisement