Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

thinking of moving to three

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Why was the n73 discontinued? nice phone.

Maybe 3 felt it could not be locked down enough, which is also perhaps why the N95 failed testing. Seriously though, I think they may just be out of stock. Have you actual confirmation that it has been discontinued?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

A friend just yesterday went to upgrade to the N73, and was told it was discontinued, by who was not specified, of why. And was sold the Sony W950i instead. Where as I have had it for the last 2 months and have been problem free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

Yeah its now gone from their website. Was thinking of moving so I could get the N73 but definately not now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I'm re-thinking switching to 3 - on paper it's a no brainer - get the 6233/6280/k610i for free, €19 a month for billpay for my phone, and get the usb modem for my broadband at €20pm + €129. Total cost for the year for broadband and mobile phone usage = €597, nearly €50 a month. And for the second year, that drops to €39 pm.

On the three website, under the music handsets banner, the k800i is still listed but is "currently out of stock".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

storka wrote:
    Anyone know how much of a difference there is between the billpay and 3pay broadband?
    I mean is one quicker or can one access more than the other?
    the 3pay bb goes through a proxy that changes all the html data for the phone. because of the proxy its very slow and no applications except the built in browser work.

so if you want to use gmail you'll have to go to the site rather than use the application. i'll check today if you can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

ablelocks wrote:
    I'm re-thinking switching to 3 - on paper it's a no brainer - get the 6233/6280/k610i for free, €19 a month for billpay for my phone, and get the usb modem for my broadband at €20pm + €129. Total cost for the year for broadband and mobile phone usage = €597, nearly €50 a month. And for the second year, that drops to €39 pm.

On the three website, under the music handsets banner, the k800i is still listed but is "currently out of stock".

please bare in mind its not all about cost, give it 2 months and these boards will be full of

"My Three Broadband is really slow, what can i do?"

"three customer service is sh1t!"

"how can i cancel my contract?"

and yes i will be telling you all i told you so :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Well, this new service is so simple, I don't think any customer service is going to be required. I don't think even 3 can mess it up. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

A friend just yesterday went to upgrade to the N73, and was told it was discontinued, by who was not specified, of why. And was sold the Sony W950i instead. Where as I have had it for the last 2 months and have been problem free.

The w850i or the w950? They've not been able to give me a release date for the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Well, this new service is so simple, I don't think any customer service is going to be required. I don't think even 3 can mess it up. :D

It makes me laugh how they invite you to ring them from 333 in the event of needing customer service regarding your new modem and broadband in the manual supplied. How?

Of course you can ring 083etc from another handset -the cost of that is going to make people love 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

was it yourself or culabula (or both) who promised a review of the modem in the broken thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

you would think so....................I wont hold my breath though

ablelocks wrote:
    was it yourself or culabula (or both) who promised a review of the modem in the broken thread?

Probably me but I didn't want to start a new thread yet and have just reported the old one.

Since I've used the modem before on Voodoo, there's no great mystery to it. It's superb and it beats using a phone as a BT modem into a cocked hat. It shows that all the problems I've had of late have been down to the N95 and NOT 3. Surfing in a basement wine bar in Dublin last night was solid, stable and faaaaaaaaaaaaaaast. It didn't drop the connection once. Dublin-Belfast on the train was less successful but also less hassle than reconnecting on the N95. Just click connect when the signal returns. The N95 would often get its knickers in a twist and its tantrums could in turn upset the macBook.

Those are my early impressions of the modem: I have some issues to clear up and then I'll add to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 snookie

I've just switched to their broadband service in the last couple of days and I'm deeply unimpressed. Every part of the transaction has been shoddy. The in-store staff in the Grafton Street branch were laughably bad. You'd find far better in the average Centra or Spar.
    I do a lot of consultancy work with mobile companies in Europe and I spend time looking at how different companies handle their entire customer experience. 3 in Ireland are without doubt the worst I've seen. Their in store staff are more interested in talking to each other than their customers. You'd find better sales skills in any centra or Spar and their knowledge of products is laughably poor. I stood around for 10 minutes on two ocassions waiting for service while 2 of their 'retail assistants' stood at the back of the store chatting. In that time I saw three other people leave in obvious frustration. I stayed because, well, it gave me an insight into some of my customer's competitors.
    While the USB broadband service was reasonably easy to connect, only one of the supplied cables appears to be working. More importantly the speed is nowhere near the advertised 3.6mb. Its better than dial up but not by much. I rang customer service last night and was on hold for 30 minutes. I eventually gave up.

What else can you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭StealthRolex

Three Mobile Broadband - what a joke. You're lucky to get 56K modem dial-up speeds. And that's inside the Dublin Metropolitan area.

Three have far too many users and not enough capacity to keep the service above 50K when most of us are awake.

If you want to use Three for Broadband set your alarm clock for 3am and you're currently good until about 8am

Three Mobile Broadband - what a joke. You're lucky to get 56K modem dial-up speeds. And that's inside the Dublin Metropolitan area.

Three have far too many users and not enough capacity to keep the service above 50K when most of us are awake.

If you want to use Three for Broadband set your alarm clock for 3am and you're currently good until about 8am

I still get over 2mbps in or around Smithfield when I'm there. Very good in Cork city centre, flakey when travelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

"three customer service is sh1t!"

and yes i will be telling you all i told you so :p[/QUOTE]

Why wait when we know this already.

Advertisement