Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SVP - Spend 30 - Get 10 off!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

cheers for the link / info ...

now I'm debating one of these from the site ... mixed reviews ... :)

http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=1627

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

forbairt wrote:

I was gonna buy that a few weeks ago. When for the freecom drive on ibood special instead. It's superb. Wait for it to come on ibood again is my advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

This is a superb deal.
    Just what I needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

forbairt wrote:

I bought one of them from maplins for 64 euros, stuck a 300gb drive in it and its been faultless ever since, excellent product..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

Excellent, this basically works out as 90p shipping to Ireland on all offers over £30, tempted to get the 200 of these http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=1523, should work out about €60. Last year they did a few '1p shipping on orders over £100' that I took advantage of (once), my biggest problem has always been that it's very expensive for a small order.

Anyone know how long this offer will be open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

red_fox wrote:
    Anyone know how long this offer will be open?
    Think you need to use your 'Google Checkout €10 Off Sign-Up Bonus' before the end of June.

Still have mine.. waiting for something worth buying. Already have the Argosys media drive so that one above is outta the question really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

Hey.. how come it says Note: SVP Communications does not ship to Ireland
    explain and discuss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

And... even though I have already account with google it will not accept any post code I put in.. I dont have a post code where I live but I usually put in NONE or 0000 but it will not allow any. what do I do now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Try 12345

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

sorry if this is a stupid question but can you attach an external hdd to it like the Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 250GB USB2.0 ??

• Advertisement

PCDub wrote:
    I bought one of them from maplins for 64 euros, stuck a 300gb drive in it and its been faultless ever since, excellent product..

Cheers PCDub ... I might just end up getting it in maplin
    (less hastle if anything is wrong I can just drop it back to them and so on ... seems to have been a few reviews of things going wrong with it)

Any idea if you can upgrade the firmware on it (goes to look anyways)

AntiRip wrote:
    sorry if this is a stupid question but can you attach an external hdd to it like the Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 250GB USB2.0 ??

I know a number of DVD players have usb connections on them that will allow this however I seriously doubt this model will allow it. It has a usb interface but I believe thats only for connecting it up to a pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

forbairt wrote:
    I know a number of DVD players have usb connections on them that will allow this however I seriously doubt this model will allow it. It has a usb interface but I believe thats only for connecting it up to a pc.

thanks forbairt

i picked out a hard drive here and when i went to checkout it says SVP doesn't ship to Ireland :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

AntiRip wrote:
    thanks forbairt

i picked out a hard drive here and when i went to checkout it says SVP doesn't ship to Ireland :(

Ditto.. tried to buy a hard drive, no joy. I still want it, if anyone finds a solution, please share!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You could ask on their interaction forum on boards under Biz->Commercial Interaction. They have a few good deals going on at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Got message back from their feedback section on svp, tried it again, no problems anymore - yay, my laptop hdd is about to triple! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Just a reminder...This google checkout offer is ending on the 10th (Sunday)!

There is a list of merchants here but the one I tried (www.memorybits.co.uk) - even though the site seemed to allow Ireland as a delivery destination - when I got to the google checkout it had a highlighted warning that the site does not deliver to Ireland.

Besides SVP - has anyone ordered through any of these sites?

If I could pick up a 2GB microSD card and a 4GB PSP card with STG£10 off that'd be a good days shopping! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

This is a great deal, I'm definitely going to pick up something before Sunday.

It should also be pointed out that there's a further SVP discount for boards.ie members, details here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055085064

Advertisement