Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell issue

Options
  • 18-05-2007 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a laptop from the dell outlet store.

As soon as I got it I started to have blue screens. I done all the normal stuff - reinstall windows, update drivers and am still having the issues. I've now contacted dell support and am going through the issue with them, trying to convince them it's a hardware problem.

Now, my issue is, when I rang Dell and gave them the service tag, the support person said, "I see you've called in about the same problem before". Now this has really pissed me off because it was my first time to call them, so obviously the person who had the laptop before had the same problem and they didn't fix it before selling it to me.

I'm just wondering what are my rights. Would I be able to say that they sold me a broken product and demand my money back or a new laptop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

seems like it.. send it back! In fact you are entitled to ask for print outs of all logs relating to this PC they keep on record so you can see yourself if this had the same problem before you got it.

Advertisement