Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB slow. Upload Speed > Download Speed. :\

Options
  • 18-05-2007 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Irishspeedtest normally tells me I'm downloading at 1600kbs and uploading at 230kbs. For the last few days, I'm downloading at less than 200kbs but still uploading fine at 230kbs.

Is anyone else having this problem with eircom or is it just me? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Does it change at all during the day when contention might be less? What speed are you syncing at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Very slow in Oranmore atm

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Jrembin

dub45 wrote:
    Does it change at all during the day when contention might be less? What speed are you syncing at?

Nope doesn't change.

What do you mean by syncing?

If you look at the main page of your router it will tell you what speed you are connecting to eircom at (as distinct from the speed you are getting during the day) http://192.268.1.254 if you have the Eircom router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Jrembin

dub45 wrote:
    If you look at the main page of your router it will tell you what speed you are connecting to eircom at (as distinct from the speed you are getting during the day) http://192.268.1.254 if you have the Eircom router.

It won't load.

I tried changing the 254 to 1 because that's how I generally get onto the main page of my router iirc but still won't load.

:confused:

• Advertisement

Apologies - it should be 192.168.1.254.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

yea i am on the drogheda exchange and my 2mb eircom connection has been pathetic for 2 weeks now. Ive been told engineers are working on the problem but nothing has changed. When i go to the router page, i get:
    320/256 (kbps) -its been like this regardless of the time of the day for 2 weeks.

Speedtest:
    128212910.png

So fed up at this stage....

Advertisement