Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bags

Options
  • 18-05-2007 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

Hola,

I've tried to use the forum search tool because I am certain this must have been discussed before but it returned nothing... however I can see the terms used in my search in posts in this forum so she must be banjoed.

Anyway, if I'm going to use the bike I'm going to need a way to carry stuff and I need a new bag for life anyway. I've been using a cheap messenger style bag for years but she's about to come apart, its not waterproof and basically its a ball of crap and its can capacity is poor. =D

I just fired off an inquiry to www.bagaboo.hu inquiring about the cost of one of their messenger bags/shipping. But wanted to enquire here first as to what you guys use for getting your work clothes & stuff to work before I go confirming orders.

I'm looking for something that will be comfortable, carry small loads with ease and expand to take bigger ones with similar ease. And be able to go 100mph without flying apart LMAO.

An ability to carry 12 cans of Heineken and a sleeping bag is essential. =] Seriously. That's the Saturday load, two days a week it'll be a weeks worth of clothes. The other three days I'll be on foot. =D I mean Xo.

Regards
    Dave

Edit: The bikes going to be a Saracen Ventourx, well probaly, if the test ride goes right, if the bike makes a difference to the bag you can wear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Shaymoboy

I bought one of the spire bags about 3 years ago and I use it for everything. Its really tough. Only thing is I don't think they ship outside the US anymore. There site is -http://www.spireusa.com/

S

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭wahlrab

hi i am in budapest at the moment where bagaboo bags are made, actually theyre made just beside my uni but i dont own one i have a chrome messenger bag and it is amazing, really it is the best bag i have ever had, for both on the bike and off it, i find it really comfortable and it fits loads, i am writing this from brno in czech republic and its here beside me with 5 days worth of clothes and my sleeping bag, so it expands when it needs to and looks small when there isnt too much in it. i got it from chainreactioncycles and it was expensive but its worth the money as it will last, i would reccomend a chrome bag but id be interested in what other people think of them

bagboo are very a like to chrome bags except that they dont have the buckle but u can totally design them yourself which is cool but i havent seen a design that i have loved but what is cool is the colours you can choose and the colour on the inside of the tarp, most messengers over here seem to use bagaboo, itll take a couple of weeks to come even if you order it now

in the end i would say get a chrome but i feel bad saying that cause the guy who makes the bagaboo bags tamas is a cool guy, so that might actually have been a bit confusing, both are totally waterproof and bound to get u compliments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

I'd definitely recommend some kind of courier-style bag for general bike use. I've been using a Timbuk2 one for the past 5-6 years and it's been pretty good. It's waterproof if closed properly and doesn't move around too much on your back. Cheaper than many others too. It's not too comfortable (for me) with really heavy loads - I'll use panniers in those situations.

Lots of bag reviews here:
    http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/reviews/messengerbags/

Advertisement