Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cyber Games - Team Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Oh yeah lads, I forgot to say, if you enter and win you get sent to Seattle, all expenses paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

You have to be 18 I'm guessing?

Rainbow 6 should be chosen before GoW imo. More tactical and more skill involved.

Yeah you have to be 18 and you have to be Irish too.

WCG put it to vote and that's what was chosen. Although it was probably just a farce and microsoft probably picked the games that were to be played.

GOW is still a very tactical game in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I lost complete faith in this due to the absolute bull **** that went on last year. Warcraft 3 was pulled from qualifying so we could send someone over to play dead or alive on xbox, was absolutely gutted was training for months to be told like a week before.

I lost complete faith in this due to the absolute bull **** that went on last year. Warcraft 3 was pulled from qualifying so we could send someone over to play dead or alive on xbox, was absolutely gutted was training for months to be told like a week before.

I think it's fair to say that were not enough competitors last year for it, which would've meant a low standard at the qualifiers. The games that will be put forward this year will be chosen in the next few weeks and they will be the ones the comps will be run in.

Last year was a rush job, they didn't have enough notice like this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Kenny 5 wrote:

Boooooo

:(

koneko wrote:
    Boooooo

:(

Sorry Koneko but those picked will be representing Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I know that, `just saying is all'.

koneko wrote:
    I know that, `just saying is all'.

Cool ;) It's not that we don't like ya or anything.........if you be my wife you can get citizenship :p

You're not Irish? You learn something every day.

Over 18 eh? :( Shame.

• Advertisement

Yeah, basically bringing people under the age of 18 would bring things to a whole new level of responsibility for the organisers.....and they don't want it tbh. Plus at least if ye're over 18 you're going to be somewhat mature......somewhat :D

What are you insinuating?

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Kenny 5 wrote:

WCG put it to vote and that's what was chosen. Although it was probably just a farce and microsoft probably picked the games that were to be played.

GOW is still a very tactical game in fairness.
    Won't be 18 for 3 years:o :o but just wondering do you have to be born in ireland or can you have irish parents and live here.

You need an Irish passport........you can sleep with whoever you want to get one but that's what you need.

If you read the other thread then you'll see that there's plans for a GOW comp at the Lan, winners will be crowned champs of Ireland :cool:

Signups for this comp are now available at www.LanParty.ie

There's also going to be a pre-qualifier event at Gamecon 12, Midlans LAN and Galway LAN. If you qualify through these then you get in free to the main event on September 15th in The Digital Hub.

PGR3 has been chosen as the Xbox 360 game to be represent in at the WCG event in October.

You can see the rules and tracks that will be used for this comp here

Remember, you need to be over 18 and hold a valid Irish passport to compete. Should you win you'll also need to be able to travel on 2nd-8th October for the WCG event in Seattle.

Anybody interested in this at all?:confused:

Taken from here
    BioHazRd wrote:
    In light of some irc chats, I believe there may be some confusion in how the WCG events are running this year, so I hope this post will resolve that to everyones satisfaction.

The main area of confusion seems to be around the qualifiers, so I will now explain how it works.

1. the reason for the qualifiers is to create interest in lan events that are run around the country, and to offer an incentive to the people who attend these events

2. You DONT HAVE to attend a qualifier if you want to take part in the WCG finals in Dublin

3. Winning a qualifier just means that you get FREE entry into the Dublin finals, and you are automatically passed into round 2 of your competition

4. If you dont win a qualifier, you can still enter the Dublin finals, but you will have to pay the €15 entry fee, and you start in round 1

3. Not all WCG competitions will be run at the qualifiers due to may of these lans running their own conflicting competitions. We are not in the business of competing with other lans

4. If you intend on going to the Dublin finals, you MUST sign up on www.lanparty.ie - Please ensure you sign up for the WCG finals aswell as a lanparty.ie account. Please make sure you use a valid email address when signing up as this is how we will disseminate further information to you as we get closer to the event

5. To enter the Dublin finals, you MUST be over 18 and have a valid Irish passport, and be available to travel to Seattle in October should you win. Passports will be checked at the finals - No Passport = No Competition

6. To enter the qualifiers, you MUST be over 18 and have a valid Irish passport, and be available to travel to Seattle in October should you win. Passports will be checked at the finals - No Passport = No Competition.
    It would make life easier for us if you brought your passport to the qualifiers, but it is not essential

Birth Certs, Drivers Licence, notes from your mother will not be accepted

Can I also ask that people sign up for the event as soon as possible, as we need to gauge space / power requirements. We havent decided on a close off date yet for signups, but there will be one, and it wont be too far away

Any further questions, just ask

Bio

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Stickys give terrible visibility :(

Tazzle wrote:
    Stickys give terrible visibility :(

I know yeah, seems like I'm talking to myself in this thread.......at least it's intelligent conversing though :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

You could always try something along the lines of what I did in the CS forum

Tazzle wrote:
    You could always try something along the lines of what I did in the CS forum

True that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭o Diablo o

I assume halo 2 isnt on the list?

o Diablo o wrote:
    I assume halo 2 isnt on the list?

You assume right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

They picked Fifa instead of Pro Evo! Fúck off!

Advertisement