Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DMARK Scores!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

This is the best score that i've achieved so far. PC is running hot so i'll leave it for tonight and try again tomorrow;)
    Had the cpu up to 4.4GHZ but it was crashing out of 3Dmark.........maybe i'm at the limit of air cooled overclocking on this rig?:confused:

193913dmark.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

go quad! :)

nice score nforce.

Thanks RMC:)......already had a quad (qx6850) and have a QX9650 for my next rig. I don't think that they'd reach the same clockspeeds that the 8500 has.........not on air anyhow:confused::)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah but they'd whip the e8500 in 3dmark...you'd get about 22k with a quad at just about 3.2ghz....your cpu score is the lowest.

True TerrorFirmer.........but I was looking to match or surpass the highest 3dmark score using an E8500 and sli'd Ultras:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Nforce, your memory is showing in 3DMark as 2544Mb. What slots have you occupied? Are you sure its dual channel?

I've 4x1GB....not the best for o/clocking:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Nforce, your memory is showing in 3DMark as 2544Mb. What slots have you occupied? Are you sure its dual channel?
    It's probably because he has 2 ultras and a 32bit os.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

It's probably because he has 2 ultras and a 32bit os.

that should be showing 3.2gb

no..... 2x768mb cards:)

• Advertisement

bbbbbqy6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

E2160 @ 3.0ghz

8800gtx @ 620/1010

ka1ou00xfb08vhpdltol_thumb.jpg

Bit worried about Psu only 450watt ( Corsair 450 vx), should be ok?

Aiming for 13k, cpu will go to 3.42ghz, gtx 650/1080 90% fan speed...

would have thought that 8800gtx would get a lot more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭skuzzb

E6300 @ 2.713Ghz (maxed out)

8800gts @ 674/950

10260 in 06

Not too shabby but thats everything at the limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

3Dmark06 Score: 15397

CPU

Intel Core Duo E8400 @ 3.897GHz
    Vcore 1.275V (idle)

GPU
    1 x Club3D 9800GTX 512MB @830Mhz
    Mem 1180MHz, Shader 2089Mhz

Mother Board
    Asus P5K

RAM
    Twin 2GB OCZ Reaper CL4 @ 5-5-5-18 (for OC)
    Yeah I know need 64 bit OS.

Cooler
    Thermal Take MaxOrb (at about 20% above min speed)

PSU
    OCZ 600W

All for about €780 give or take. I kept my old case and HDD.
    Picture attached shows system under torture test 100% load both cores.

Note: Don't bother using "Core Temp" to measure you idle and load temperatures with the E8400 chip (or maybe any other c2d or quad for that matter) It gives bad readings. Its to do with the non linear output of CPU sensors. See below for better program.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2809778

@ Dotsie~tmp... nice score :)

I've tried Real Temp with my E8500 and was getting temperature readings 5 degrees cooler than was showing with core temp:(..... can't trust either of them although i'll stick with the higher reading for overclocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Nforce wrote: »

I've tried Real Temp with my E8500 and was getting temperature readings 5 degrees cooler than was showing with core temp:(..... can't trust either of them although i'll stick with the higher reading for overclocking.

Well I agree that you must take "Real Temp" on trust but to be honest isn't it the same for all temp progs? At least Real Temp has some actual testing on E8XXX series chips (see link). I'm more than sure Core Temp's reports of 49C at idle is a mistake. I'm running at Vcores well within "reported" Intel limits and results are matching what I'm reading on the net in general so I'm happy

My E8500 @ idle......
    Real Temp= 32 degrees
    Core Temp=39 degrees
    Everest = 39 degrees

Thats @ 4.2GHZ with 1.375V (bios 1.4V)

Got to love these Penryns:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

Nforce wrote: »

No it's not, it's too low. I get 500+ points more, with Vista, 8800GTS and +100MHz on the proc.
    He's doing something wrong :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Chosen wrote: »
    No it's not, it's too low. I get 500+ points more, with Vista, 8800GTS and +100MHz on the proc.
    He's doing something wrong :)

Agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

For the fun of it, ran 3d Mark 06 on my laptop (PM 2.26, 6800 go ultra, 2gb ddr2)

3D Marks: 659 :D

Blowfish wrote: »
    For the fun of it, ran 3d Mark 06 on my laptop (PM 2.26, 6800 go ultra, 2gb ddr2)

That's pretty low...I would have thought a mobile 6800ultra would have pulled at least 1-1.5k...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

That's pretty low...I would have thought a mobile 6800ultra would have pulled at least 1-1.5k...
    Yep it should, but I didn't put any effort in, so still had utorrent, Firefox, Thunderbird, Pidgin, Hamachi, AVG, Comodo, Skype, mIRC and LastFM running, which meant I averaged a whole 0 fps on the CPU test. :)

ran it on my laptop :p

7,500 or there about's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

Blowfish wrote: »

680 :)
    Beat you with a Core Duo 1.8GHz, NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M 128Mb (~7300LE), 1Gb RAM single channel and my corporate OS (~55 services running)

:p

ran it on my laptop :p

7,500 or there about's.

Great score for a laptop. What do you have, 7950GTX or some sort of Sli setup?

4,000 on my laptop tops

My old laptop with Go7400 got about 800...:o

Great score for a laptop. What do you have, 7950GTX or some sort of Sli setup?

4,000 on my laptop tops

My old laptop with Go7400 got about 800...:o

m1710. intel extreme dual core processor, 7950gtx :) 4gb ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Argg, crap score for me.... think my processor is holding mine back but the machine's a freebie. Would've really expected more for the spec however considering the scores people are posting but maybe my PSU could be causing it too or maybe the machine's a pos.

3d.jpg

I can post a full spec or can anybody offer any suggestions on how to improve it without doing the obvious stuff.

Your score is a little low in the graphics scores but the CPU is a major bottleneck, ancient technology....it's holding the card back.

You neglected to mention in your last thread about the card that you're using an old P4....that's why you're not seeing the performance you expected. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Ah crap, gimme one of those Fail certs please :D

I honestly didn't think it would be *that* much of a bottleneck so didn't think of mentioning it. I know it's not state of the art stuff but argg. Is there anywhere I can check of the CPU can be upgraded on the mobo i'm running or would I most likely have to junk it altogether if I need to upgrade to a Dual Core?

The new GX755s we got in are all dual cores but don't appear to be that much faster for regular desktop applications.

Advertisement