Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital camera charger,new york,j1

Options
  • 19-05-2007 4:41am

I am heading over to the states in a week.Do I need to buy a new charger over there or what do I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You should be able to pick up a UK or EU/US socket like below. Any electrical shop should have them and I think they have them in Dublin Airport as well (can't remember the shop). The US plug as two prongs (flat) and sometimes a round prong for bigger appliances. That should work for you.

Link here

Ruu-You are a legend.Thanks loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

just check that the charger is 110-230v.. if it is your fine... but if its 220 -230v you will need to get a USA to UK Step-Up Transformer

something like this http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=24488&doy=21m5

Advertisement