Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late... what the ? ? ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

to be honest the only reason they were on is cos there were no real guests. it was a thrown together show and was just using rte guests to eat up time. i wouldnt read in to it much.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

AidoCQS wrote:
    I would agree that the PD's got some seriously crap ministry's
    Health and Justice have to be amongst the worst. I have wondered before how that came about. It was risky for such a small party to take on those in the first place. I do wonder how much FF put a gun to their head to take those on. And then will it ultimatly result in the demise of the PD's?
    I believe that Harney requested Health and I would imagine given his legal background Herr Flik requested the Justice portfolio

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Does anybody think that RTE suddenly seem to be favouring poor old Bertie.

After that gobSh*te harris tirad on Friday night's Late Late, I fully expected Bertie to be up for canonisation today.

The only one that came out of that show with any credibility was Eamon Dunphy, who actaully appeared incredulous and embarassed by harris's outburst.
    That other eejit Waters should have stayed in Helsinki. He makes a better songwriter than political analyst.
    Kenny of course was plank like as usual, well worth the money.

Are RTE expecting a hike in the TV license if Bertie gets back in?
    The fact that we have to listen to patronising cra* from harris et all about how put upon poor Bertie is, is condescending to the viewers in the extreme.

It seems that anyone that asks questions about the fact that our country's leader accepted cash payments from business men, amounting to more than the then average workers salary, while a holder of the second most important office in the land, is impertinent according to eoghan harris.
    Why should the taxpayers and voters of this country know where our country's leader got money to do up his future home?

Maybe Bertie is guilty of corruption, maybe he is not, but WE do have a right to know where he got his money from and what if anything was done in return.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 The White Rose

The main problem people have with Harris is that he's usually right

Dunphy is too politically correct - he chooses the rainbow and gets an big cheer from the audience. He only talks sense when he's discussing football and even at that...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,782 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Voipjunkie wrote:
    Eoghan Harris is a nutjob he has been through every political party in the country.
    He is for who ever is in power in 1997 when John Bruton was Taoiseach he was an advisor to Bruton and reminded us week in week out of the dangers of Bertie and FF and how great Bruton and FG were in his Sindo column.
    Now lo and behold now it is Bertie is the best thing since sliced bread and we would be mad to change again.
    Guaranteed if Kenny is Taoiseach in 5 years time that moron will be back in the Sindo telling us how great Enda is and we should hang on to him.

Exactly.
    Harris has no credibility. The guy changes his allegiances as often as a prostitute drops her underwear. Harris is Insightful??, don't make me laugh
    Notice how he quickly stopped talking about Iraq, being a model for democracy to flourish in the Middle East, around late 2004.

• Advertisement

Harris is an irrelevancy, a windbag.

I'm sure every party has its fans that cause embarrassment within the ranks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

what amused me about dunphy the other night was his hypocrosy
    dunphy clearly was in favour of the rainbow winning and when he was refferring to hard faced politicians , he meant the pd,s
    yet who was the politican who dunphy only a few yrs ago used to celebrate all the time , he had him on his tv show
    yes it was charlie mc reevy , irelands foremost thatcherite

oh and i dont use the terms thathcerite as a term of abuse to describe charlie

Advertisement