Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Footless tights/leggings

• 19-05-2007 7:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭

These hideous looking garments have made an unwelcome return to our lives. Why? Does anyone think they look good in them? Because you don't. They make even the most attractive girls look skanky. Combined with a headache inducing patterned dress of loud colurs, black foot-free tights are one of the most unattarctive things I have ever seen on a girl. God forgive me, but I'd rather see a girl wearing her gaudy dress over her jeans.
    The amusing thing is, I work in the hospitality industry, so I see alot of girls dressed up for the night, and the unanimous verdict of the forty or so guys I work with also find them a major turn off. When someone feels compelled to make disparaging remarks, the general reaction is just to give a wry smile and shake the head.
    I know women don't all feel like they should dress to impress men, but is this the affect you want to have on the opposite sex? Even though I don't try to impress women with my taste in clothes, if I found out that my much loved vintage 70's leather jacket (a la Life on Mars) had such a negative reaction, I'd probably stop wearing it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

most of the time they look terrible.
    on the extremely fashionable they look fine.
    but they're normally not wearing the black ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

il gatto wrote:
    I know women don't all feel like they should dress to impress men, but is this the affect you want to have on the opposite sex?

Women dress to impress other women. It's more to do with their circle of friends than trying to pull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I HATE THEM! And I'm a girl. The way they're so common is also do with the fact you can buy them in Penneys for €1.50 and because you can cover up your legs and still wear shoes that would look stupid with tights.

They break up the leg, making even tall girls look weird and shorter. I especially hate ones that are baggy on people, the ones that have the "lace" at the end, or ones in any other colour except black.

Wouldn't wear them in a fit. Tights ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

there was a girl i saw in some shop
    she had cream coloured all lace ones with a cream and green smock dress over them and brown sandals
    she looked lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Women dress to impress other women. It's more to do with their circle of friends than trying to pull.

That's so depressingly true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

yeah they can never ever look good,tights ftw:D

Advertisement