Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Yes, it is.

The Zerg are one of the races in the game but their best tactic was to produce a ton of units early and rush you. Hence, Zerg-rush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

so is starcraft 2 better than command and conquer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

its not out yet?
    but starcraft is one of the top 2 if not the best rts of all time, so yeah it easily beats any c&c, so i'd be surprised if the second one wasn't at least a AAA+ quality rts...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

what makes it so good?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

teh grafix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

"Rock & Roll!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

wow. Great news. The original was absolutely fantastic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

MooseJam wrote:

No it isn't. Starcraft pisses on Command and Conquer from a great height.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

Never played starcraft. Not arsed to now, seeing as theres a new one coming

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

How gay - here I was, so tempted to play StarCraft again just to find my CD all scratched up and unuseable :(

Still got the CD-key though - just need to download the .iso from somewhere... <_<;

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Retr0gamer wrote:

that good, i shall have to buy it so, im playing company of heroes at the moment and thats an ass kicking rts, if it's anyway near as good i'd be very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

it'll be very different to company of heroes I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Retr0gamer wrote:
    `
    MoosJam wrote:
    Illogical lies.

Dune II ftw

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's no way that a game series who's only tactic is the tank rush can stand up to the strategic thought needed for starcraft, where every tactic can be countered by a good enough player. Except the zerg rush but we should forget about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I like both.

they're just differently paced.

much how total annihilation/supreme commander was very different.

(it is a year of sequels to games of my childhood isnt it?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

To those wondering about the ETA the word from Blizzard is "when it's done".

Though in interviews they have said the game is quite far along, they started work right after WC3:FT and all three races are playable in multi-player at this stage which is their primary focus, single player will be finished towards the end.

The game is also set 4 years after the end of SC: Broodwar and there is no fourth playable race though I wouldn't be surprised if the Zerg/Protoss hybrid the Xel Naga cooked up at the end of Broodwar aren't some sort of opponent in the single player game but not usable in multi-player.

Hopefully it's only another year or so away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Awww yeaaaaaaah.

I can't find our SC disc, found Brood War tho but not the original disc argh. I'm sure it's *somewhere* though.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for an early release. Blizzard are notorious perfectionists and it will probably get delayed quite a bit. Don't think there was ever a Blizzard game released on time. I still remember the excrutiating delays on Warcraft 3 and the original starcraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Why is this thread called " ******** 2"?

Did we get that much starcraft spam we have to filter it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Why is this thread called " ******** 2"?

Did we get that much starcraft spam we have to filter it?
    Dramatic effect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i wonder how much the ole key bindings will change, i can still remember pretty much every bulding for the protoss and zergggggg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

BlitzKrieg wrote:

ahhh cringe worthy everybody cheering and clapping

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

neGev wrote:
    It's something a lot of Koreans get rather excited about.
    Indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

High resolution gameplay trailer is out it's about 450MB, if you've seen all the flash gameplay videos then it's probably not worth watching though they don't do the game justice. The video is 20mins long and in english & gives a run through of the protoss with some terran/zerg battles.

The time/slow shield on the Protoss mothership is very cool and the missiles falling to the ground is a nice touch, worth seeing that if you haven't.

Smaller resolution version here as well.

Advertisement