Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cleaning off silicon glue from body??

Options
  • 19-05-2007 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Got a set of sideskirts sprayed and fitted the other day and just removed the tape now. Doesn't look like they did the best job fitting them though. There are gaps which now need filling. Main problem is though that the glue has pushed up along some of the edges. How do I remove this? I was thinking thinners might take the paint off the skirts. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

personally i'd go back to the place that fitted them and point out the shoddy job they did and ask for it to be fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Its not up to you to do the finishing work on somthing like that, you paid for a job to be done right, go back and ask for it to be rectified, thinners will strip the paint.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Just tried wd40 to wipe the glue off. There was much more on it than I thought but cleaned it up a bit. I think I might be bringing it back as the side that looked the best done isnt actually fitted on at all and just swings by a bolt. Very bad job for a top carshop that was recommended by many people on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Carcraft?

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Yep!

• Advertisement
Advertisement