Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Banker?

Options
  • 19-05-2007 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭

Is there any subjects you have that you feel that you will almost certainly get an A or B in no matter what?

Personally, mine is phys/chem. Easy subject + its five days study before the exam cause its my last one by a fair while. If I dont get an A in it I will severly annoyed because I got an A2 in the mocks and that was only with 2 nights study.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Nah I don't have one - I don't need one either.. well I hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm really really hoping for a B in Irish and an A2/B1 in OL French, be kinda crushed if I don't get em :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33 btothei

well a b1 r so in music wudnt b a surprise....only a minor blunder in the practical...everything else went acording to plan..and i hav couple days t study for it as it is on second last day....accountancy aswell...easy peasy lemon squeazy subject! :D only thing is its same day as physics...which aint dat easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

French and Physics, please God. Got A1s in both in the mocks and the Leaving last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

I'm banking on at least a B1 in Irish, biology and music and a minimum of a B2 in English. Also an A2 in OL maths. Im not even going to try predicting results for History and French, it all depends on the paper (and in the case of French, how horrible the tape is)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Economics.Am hoping for an A2 MINIMUM.God I love Economics.The paper is both easy AND predictable.I'd be ****ed without it.I'm not even planning on studying it till after all my other exams are finished (its my last exam and I have 4 and a half days free before it).Besides we've done almost every question (bar the economic history ones) from the past 12 years of exams, and I can handle pretty much any exam question that can be thrown at me in about 25 minutes (maybe 30 if I actually have to apply my knowledge to a situation rather than just throwing it down on the paper).So i'm all set!

*Hugs Economics papers*

Course the rest of my subjects.....they're another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Accounting and History Im definately looking for an A and B respectively. Maybe a B in French too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Hoping to get all As and Bs, would be distraught if I didn't. If I don't get an A1 in business and accounting it would be a catastrophe, also looking for one in french (got it in the pre and thought the oral went very well). Possibly looking for one in English, B1 worst case hopefully. If i got As in maths and geography it would be a little bonus, wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Really hoping for an A1 in geography, which is quite possible, and an A2 in history, also possible- just a cramathon.

A2 in Irish would be deadly, not sure if I can, my standard of Irish isn't amazing. Got a B3 in the mocks, after studying the wrong poems and stories, so still a possibility. Lower than a B1, and I'd be very pissed off. I kinda do have to get all A's and B's, but I can have one C1, which is for French. Biology, I can actually get a B2 in it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

A1 should be a given in Irish(A2 in mocks) and App Maths(B1 in mocks) and hopefully in Maths(B2 in mocks) and Physics(B1 in mocks) too.

I'd like an A1 or A2 in Chemistry(C1 in mocks), but I'll have to work a bit more.

As for History(B3 in mocks), the other subject I'm counting, I'd be happy with a C1 or B3.

My goal is around 550.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

JC 2K3 wrote:
    A1 should be a given in Irish(A2 in mocks) and App Maths(B1 in mocks) and hopefully in Maths(B2 in mocks) and Physics(B1 in mocks) too.

I'd like an A1 or A2 in Chemistry(C1 in mocks), but I'll have to work a bit more.

As for History(B3 in mocks), the other subject I'm counting, I'd be happy with a C1 or B3.

My goal is around 550.

You got it all wrong, you should aim low and shoot high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Why cant we aim accurately?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

If all goes well Im hoping to get 500 from five subjects (math, app math, physics, chem, bio), wont mind if I lose a couple here or there. Then whatever comes my way in English, got a B1 in the pre so as long as I make around the 550s Ill be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Business and spanish are both guaranteed A1's for me! Dodgy on english, maths, geograpy and physics. Geog i got a B3 in the mocks but im hoping to get an A in the leaving....its very hard to predict because there has only been 1 paper. Reguarding physics, I did no study whatsoever for the mocks except studying the stuff for the wrong mock paper (the hints i got off this site, and also it was my last exam so left study till last nite!!) however im hoping for a high C low B in real thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Maths, physics, TD, economics and hopefully english- all a1s and hopefully an a2 in german.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

98% in the mocks in Technical Graphics, so thats definetely my banker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

If I don't get A1s in Biology and Physics I will be disgusted. I'm also hoping for one in English, as I got 93% in the Pre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Economics.Am hoping for an A2 MINIMUM.God I love Economics.The paper is both easy AND predictable.I'd be ****ed without it.I'm not even planning on studying it till after all my other exams are finished (its my last exam and I have 4 and a half days free before it).Besides we've done almost every question (bar the economic history ones) from the past 12 years of exams, and I can handle pretty much any exam question that can be thrown at me in about 25 minutes (maybe 30 if I actually have to apply my knowledge to a situation rather than just throwing it down on the paper).So i'm all set!

*Hugs Economics papers*

nice description... a B1 for me hopefully, As in economics are just.... tricky.

as regards which As/Bs, I should hope all with the exception of maths, which will be C2/C1 please God... don't wanna jinx anything so I'll keep my mouth shut on what subjects...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Its tricky to rock around to rock around that's right on time its tricky!!

Apologies, that's just my eh...economics song. O_o

I don't like economics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

I need As and Bs in mine...
    But even so...
    I'd be upset if I didn't get an A2/A1 in French, Latin and English. And a B1 min in Irish... hopefully. Languages are kind of my thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If hoping for an easy A2, and if the questions fall me way, an A1 in Economics. If I did it today, I'd be on course for a B1 and the week break I have before the exam should enable me to get the A.

English is another subject that I hope to earn easy points on. I feel I have the Poetry and Single text sections optimised and only need to brush up on my comparative study.

Advertisement