Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workstands

Options
  • 19-05-2007 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

If anyone is thinking of looking for a basic, low-cost workstand, I bought one of these on E-Bay recently and can recommend them:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/BICYCLE-REPAIR-STAND-BIKE-STAND-WORKSTAND-FOLDABLE_W0QQitemZ280115458106QQihZ018QQcategoryZ109122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's a no-frills workstand but it's pretty sturdy and it folds away conveniently. If I have any complaint with it, it's that you cannot adjust the height at which it suspends the bike (- it leaves the rear wheel about 70cm off the ground). This would probably make it less than ideal for maintenance on or around, say, the handlebars. Then again, you don't really need a stand for those things. For jobs like gear and brake adjustment, drivetrain maintenance or wheel trueing, I reckon it'd be perfect.

The total price (including postage from Germany) came to just under €60, which probably makes it it one of the best value stands around.

If the URL above has elapsed, do a search for the E-Bay seller called "german-selling".

Comments

Advertisement