Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost my phone, a few vodafone questions.

• 19-05-2007 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok tried looking for the right forum for this but couldnt find it, anyway last night i got a little too drunk and i lost my phone while out at the local nightclub.

Im going down to see if anyone found it whilest cleaning up later but im not holding out much luck, when i ring it its off and it was fully charged yesterday just before i went out so id recon that the sims been pulled out and someone is now using my phone.

Anyway im not too pushed about the phone as it was on the way out and i have 99% of my numbers written down but i dont want to have to change my number. Is there anyway of going down to vodafone and getting my old number ported onto a new sim?

Also i got that number registered a few years ago so iirc i didnt put my real name down(call it immaturity or me being a retard or whatever) or my real address or anything(i think). Is there any way of changing this through the my vodafone or anything?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Probably easiest to go to the shop and ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Patricide wrote:
    Is there anyway of going down to vodafone and getting my old number ported onto a new sim?
    yes but its not called porting. what you need is a replacement sim
    Patricide wrote:
    Also i got that number registered a few years ago so iirc i didnt put my real name down(call it immaturity or me being a retard or whatever) or my real address or anything(i think). Is there any way of changing this through the my vodafone or anything?
    yes. you need the password for the website and then you can change your details

log in the click my details->personal details->enter the required characters of your password->change the details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭detritus

as previous poster points out, you can certainly order the replacement sim online.

wrt changing the name, you cant do that online and if you are going to do so in the store, in the case of people giving the sim's to someone else, they usually like to establish the previous owners identity.

Of course, if you have it registered as Mickey Mouse I doubt if you have that option. I imagine that if you provide enough information around your usage habits (how often you topup, some of the recent calls made etc) that they could facilitate the replacement sim and name change at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Ok went into vodafone down town earlier and apparently my name is twentythreetwenty(i cannot even fathom how i filled that one out) anyway i got me a brand new replacement sim free of charge which was SWEET.

Thanks for the aul help lads.

EDIT
    Also just tried editing my personal details there. i can change everything but my name, anyone hlp me out here?

detritus wrote:
    wrt changing the name, you cant do that online and if you are going to do so in the store, in the case of people giving the sim's to someone else, they usually like to establish the previous owners identity.
    having checked again you're right. i went and checked that the details show up in text boxes but i didn't realise they're set to read-only :)

• Advertisement

Patricide wrote:
    EDIT
    Also just tried editing my personal details there. i can change everything but my name, anyone hlp me out here?
    you can't change it yourself. you'll have to go back to the shop and ask them to do it. they definitely can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

you can't change it yourself. you'll have to go back to the shop and ask them to do it. they definitely can

Bah too lazy, ill know what my name is for a next time if it ever happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

it happened to me,I'm meteor though.I just went to the shop and got a replacement one for free

Advertisement