Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

power connector if not in SLI ?

Options
  • 19-05-2007 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm abotu to stick a 7800gtx onto an asus p5w motherboard. I only want to use one gfx card (no intention of SLI in the future). Does teh motherboard supply enough power to the card throguh the single use of the PCI-16 slot or do I need to have a SLI connector on my PSU.

If the latter: can you get an adapter to convert a connector to the SLI 6 pin or does it have to be a dedicated connector ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

You will need the 6 pin connector for the 7800gtx to function properly.

Adapter available to convert molex to 6 pin connector HERE although you should be able to get one cheaper than that....someone here may even have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Actually I have an adapter here. It's powered from two four pin molex to one 6 pin connector. I think it was left over from a PSU I had a while back.

Yours if you want it...I can throw it in an envelope on Monday.

Advertisement