Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The best of Dunphy :)

• 19-05-2007 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Looking at a mates Bebo page and a list of bizarre quotes by various players, managers, pundits and commentators (one or two from the man himself) got me thinking, what are the most gas comments you have remembered the man come out with over the years? As we all know, unlike the tameness of the English punditry half the reason Irish people bother watching games is for the three wise men to give their opinions. And with Ronaldo rising in prominence over the past year coupled with Stans run of form for us you are nearly always guaranteed a classic. I doubt there are many countries where an entire pub turns towards the tv after a poor performance to hear what the pundits thought, but we do. I recall the only thing more disappointing than the performance v San Marino was the deflation when it cut to half time and we, eager to hear the rant, then realised TV3 were showing the match :(

A few from my mates list, my own memory and Wikipedia

'I don't think he's a thousand percent mentally'

"They (Liverpool) should put Garcia where he belongs - in the dustbin."

"We'll all see through Mourinho. We'll find out he's just a Bengal lancer!"

"Fat and a clown. A fat clown for all to see." regarding Harry Kewell

"You need dictatorships and poverty to produce great footballers." Odd that the Iraqi team never made the finals given Saddams sons unique style of football management :confused:

"A decision like that, he must be on acid...(pause)...LSD Bill!!!" on a sub decision of Rafas :D

After a match ran over time a few months back, and the post match had to be rushed to catch up with the scheduling

Bill "Eamon, Im afraid we will have to leave it there, the Desperate Housewives are waiting"
    Eamo (grin on face) "Ill be up in a minute ladies" :D

Legend :) Got any more you recall?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

February/March 2005:

"If Liverpool win the Champion's League, I'll hand in my resignation."

If only he was a man of his word :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

shane86 wrote:

After a match ran over time a few months back, and the post match had to be rushed to catch up with the scheduling

Bill "Eamon, Im afraid we will have to leave it there, the Desperate Housewives are waiting"
    Eamo (grin on face) "Ill be up in a minute ladies" :D

Legend :) Got any more you recall?

LOL :D

Advertisement