Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We're coming to Waterford!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Dac51

Sully wrote:
    What, are you telling me Eircom managed to safely provide broadband to Ballybeg?! :O

Just kidding with ya. Im sure Ballybeg is a lovely place to live. Aint ya near your Sinn Fein man, David Cullanen?! (or watever his name is)

LOL, no offence taken.:D

Yep, David Cullinane is no longer living in Ballybeg, he now lives somewhere near Ballyhale in Co.Kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Casa

we do indeed wear nurses uniforms on occassion... although not to work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Casa wrote:
    we do indeed wear nurses uniforms on occassion... although not to work...

Even better!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

y'know the majority of the population on 'the dunmore road' originated from the lismore/larchville/lisduggan area of the city. (I dont know if thats from east to west or what)
    20 years ago the only sizeable housing estate out that way was viewmount, the rest were the larger private properties which lined the road itself...and exclusive zones like maypark. Thats not the case anymore.
    'The Dunmore road' (ardkeen) became littered with estates and property is accesible to the majority of Waterfordians now, and certainly no need for anyone to kid themselves otherwise.

to the op, grace dieu is about as faraway from the wrh as you can get within the city limits, although the houses are new additions and will no doubt be in good nick with all mod cons. For the same money you could rent any house within the Dunmore road area and closer to the hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

solas wrote:
    y'know the majority of the population on 'the dunmore road' originated from the lismore/larchville/lisduggan area of the city. (I dont know if thats from east to west or what)
    Really? :) I wonder if a lot of the population here is second generation Dunmore Road.
    20 years ago the only sizeable housing estate out that way was viewmount, the rest were the larger private properties which lined the road itself...and exclusive zones like maypark. Thats not the case anymore.
    And what about Glenville, and Riverview (?) out by Knockboy - they've been there a lot longer than 20 years. Maypark used to have a few detached houses down passed the old Snowcream dairy but I believe they have a housing estate or two around there now. Viewmount has been around since the sixties as I think has Glenville. Riverview may be from the early seventies.
    'The Dunmore road' (ardkeen) became littered with estates and property is accesible to the majority of Waterfordians now, and certainly no need for anyone to kid themselves otherwise.
    Littered isn't quite the word I'd use. Though I have noticed a lot of nouveux types around who seem positively middle class or the Hello/VIP version of it. ;) As a denim wearing hippy, I almost feel out of place amongst them.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

jmcc wrote:
    Really? :) I wonder if a lot of the population here is second generation Dunmore Road.
    And what about Glenville, and Riverview (?) out by Knockboy - they've been there a lot longer than 20 years. Maypark used to have a few detached houses down passed the old Snowcream dairy but I believe they have a housing estate or two around there now. Viewmount has been around since the sixties as I think has Glenville. Riverview may be from the early seventies.
    Littered isn't quite the word I'd use. Though I have noticed a lot of nouveux types around who seem positively middle class or the Hello/VIP version of it. ;) As a denim wearing hippy, I almost feel out of place amongst them.

Regards...jmcc

The only sizeble estate was viewmount. In comparison to today there's at least another six that can match it in population, not including the more exclusive developments which are smaller in size. Ten years of continuous development and still expanding. I'd call that littered.
    the general area poulation has increased by over 300%, previously the most poulated area of waterford was the larchville/lisduggan/lismore/ballybeg area which caters for over 20,000 people. The dunmore road can match that now and most of the people I know living there are from those catchment areas originally. (as are most of my family/friends and relatives who are there now)
    I've don't doubt there's as many second generation out there but the vast majority have just blown in from across town.

technically, i'm lower newtown now and while my mother came from here originally, (in what would have been the original ballygunner parish) there's no extended family remianing, second generation moved elsewhere and the majority of people living here now are not originally from the area

Advertisement