Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Difference between Mk1, Mk2 and Mk3, Pioneer CDJ-1000's

• 19-05-2007 2:33pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone here who has experience with there tell me really what the differences are in the three different versions of the CDJ-1000. I've decided after many years to invest in some decent CD Decks. I'd love to just run out and buy 2x MK3's and a DJM-800 but I can't really justify dropping 4k, and I'm sure that's just overkill for my needs right now anyway.

I would like the mp3 compatibility of the Mk3 but lots of people say its useless and they only ever use normal CD's as its too complicated to manage so may tracks on one disk and they take ages to load the waveform. Is this true?

If that is the case, and then I'll just buy some 2nd hand Mk2's and forget about mp3. But what is the difference in the Mk1 and Mk2 - is it just build quality or are there feature differences?

Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks
    Z

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Linaszm

MK2 - No MP3 support
    MK3 - MP3 support + few bug fixes
    Can't say anything on MK1

In fairness I've never heard anyone having a problem playing mp3 on those babies :cool: Anyway why are not considering buying new CDJ-800s instead of used MK1 or MK2 ? Basically it's the same player, just with a few less features and not so fancy screen. If you would go for 2 new 800s and DJM-600 you're allready saving almost half the price and you get some real quality gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Id go for the 800's and the DJM800, such a nice mixer.....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

What do you think of this?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/2-x-Pioneer-CDJ-800-MK2-DJ-CD-Player-DJM-600-Mixer_W0QQitemZ220110998997QQihZ012QQcategoryZ91384QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

The DJM 800 is a savae mixer but its a bit out of my price range, and probably overkill for my needs...

What other mixers are good but not as expensive as the 800?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭imalegend

MK 3...main changes are mp3 compatabale,you can adjust the sensibilty of the plate function so if you are heavy handed you can stiffen the plate when mixing.Loop function alot more accurate and user friendely in live re loop.IMO the are the best cdj's on the market although i would prefer an actual pitch bend button like the denons have that would be my only quam with them.

I don't rate the 800's at all as over time they seem to wear the worst.Just from user experience.

Advertisement