Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Unmarked cars in galway

Options
  • 19-05-2007 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭

Got pulled by a creamy coloured 07-D-xxx Mondeo in Galway.
    Just a heads up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭barrett1965

Pulled for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

At least they're sticking with the good old Mondeos.I don't care,whenever I see those I get suspicious!But the cream colour interests me......its the red ones that arouse my suspicion.But at least this one had a D registration.Apparently in Cork they have one with a local reg,and its not a mondeo (I can't vouch for this though its just what I've heard)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

I saw someone get pulled on saturday on N11 by a woman Garda in a brown(ish)2007 '3' series BMW:eek: (unmarked)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Pulled for what?
    Speeding maybe?

mondeoman wrote:
    I saw someone get pulled on saturday on N11 by a woman Garda in a brown(ish)2007 '3' series BMW:eek: (unmarked)

Yeah i heard they even have 5 series now :eek:
    I better slow down :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

same as dr dre, theyve so many new cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

lemansky wrote:
    At least they're sticking with the good old Mondeos.I don't care,whenever I see those I get suspicious!But the cream colour interests me......its the red ones that arouse my suspicion.But at least this one had a D registration.Apparently in Cork they have one with a local reg,and its not a mondeo (I can't vouch for this though its just what I've heard)

I don't think they have local reg cars.All are D plated?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

lemansky wrote:
    But at least this one had a D registration.Apparently in Cork they have one with a local reg,and its not a mondeo (I can't vouch for this though its just what I've heard)

thats complete bull whoever told you that tbh. they're all registered in Dublin in the phoenix park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

I got pulled by a Garda on Stillorgan Dual Carriageway and he was driving his private car. I was driving at the speed limit in the overtaking lane and he was tailgating me !!

He pulled me over saying I should've moved out of his way blah blah. I said where's your "lights" or siren and he basically said he was on his way to work!! He had no business pulling me over and I told him exactly that. He jumped into his car and went on his merry way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I got pulled by a Garda on Stillorgan Dual Carriageway and he was driving his private car. I was driving at the speed limit in the overtaking lane and he was tailgating me !!

He pulled me over saying I should've moved out of his way blah blah. I said where's your "lights" or siren and he basically said he was on his way to work!! He had no business pulling me over and I told him exactly that. He jumped into his car and went on his merry way.

Without lights or siren or anything to indicate he was a Garda... why did you pull over?

I notice a lot of black Toyota Corollas... or maybe Avensis.. not sure which one, maybe both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

i have seen them in unmarked cars without the d reg and have even been stopped by them in a car with a uk reg

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

i have seen them in unmarked cars without the d reg and have even been stopped by them in a car with a uk reg
    I'm sorry but your either talking rubbish or you fell for someone acting as a garda! There is no way they would be driving a UK reg car.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

well the siren they had the badges and the lights and the uniforms look real and they even looked the same when i went to the station to show my insurance so i doubt they were not real garda

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

drdre wrote:
    Yeah i heard they even have 5 series now :eek:
    I better slow down :)
    I was driving behind an unmarked black '02 530i a few days ago.

He was driving right up behind me flashing his headlights, I'd seen him coming onto the carriageway from Mount Merrion Av. He was driving very fast and aggressive however I didn't move out of his way at first. Then I did, he waved me down.

He identified himself as a Garda, showed his badge. He basically went on a rant saying I should've moved out his way... I said "WHY? I didnt know you were a Garda, you could've been some lunatic". I asked him again WHY did he pull me over.. he just brushed it off and said move out of the way in future. I didn't continue the argument I knew he was in a hurry I guess he didnt want to be late for work :)
    Saruman wrote:
    Without lights or siren or anything to indicate he was a Garda... why did you pull over?

I notice a lot of black Toyota Corollas... or maybe Avensis.. not sure which one, maybe both.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I didn't continue the argument I knew he was in a hurry I guess he didnt want to be late for work :)
    He wasn't in that much of a hurry if he could pull over to talk to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

He was driving right up behind me flashing his headlights, I'd seen him coming onto the carriageway from Mount Merrion Av. He was driving very fast and aggressive however I didn't move out of his way at first. Then I did, he waved me down.

He identified himself as a Garda, showed his badge. He basically went on a rant saying I should've moved out his way... I said "WHY? I didnt know you were a Garda, you could've been some lunatic". I asked him again WHY did he pull me over.. he just brushed it off and said move out of the way in future. I didn't continue the argument I knew he was in a hurry I guess he didnt want to be late for work :)

So you didn't want to get out of his way but when this 'lunatic' waves at you to pull over you do so? If I had some fella waving his arms at me to pull over and he has no lights, siren or anything, the last thing I'm doing is stopping and letting him get anywhere near me.

I was in the right-hand lane as I was going to be taking the next right / slip road onto Nutley Lane. The junction was only 500 yards away so I think I was within my rights.

But yes I agree with you, it's very annoying when someone hogs the overtaking lane.. also very dangerous.

I'm over it GIBO cheers :D
    gibo_ie wrote:
    you were in the overtaking lane but not overtaking? Its quite simple if there is someone in the overtaking lane behind you, get back in the travelling lane and let them by, how does it benefit you to block other traffic?? This is so annoying to people and causes accidents.
    Get over it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭BigTommyBomb

I was pulled my a cop on his way to work once. Well not really pulled as I had already pulled over myself to go for a piss at the side of the road. (long journey rigth). He just pulled up beside me and started going mad at me saying I was ****ed as he was bringing me to court. I went up to the local Garda station about it and they said to forget about it as he had no power to do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ImaBM-man

Driving through Ballsbridge today, had a black 02-D-xxxxx Lexus Is200 behind me, lights behind the front grill and some black thing on the dash. Only noticed it because the guy was taking down my reg!

Definite unmarked car! There everywhere now!!!!

• Advertisement

ImaBM-man wrote:
    Driving through Ballsbridge today, had a black 02-D-xxxxx Lexus Is200 behind me, lights behind the front grill and some black thing on the dash. Only noticed it because the guy was taking down my reg!

Definite unmarked car! There everywhere now!!!!

Never heard of the lexus before.Thanks for letting us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

I know of THREE unique opel astras they drive around unmarked.

Same model as this http://avtovse.ru/pic/o/opel.astra.jpg

I know because I take down the regs when I see them (or when they pull me over) I know pretty much every unmarked car in my area aswell. The mondeos are fairly easy to spot, huge (2nd) aerial on the roof (or over the boot), and the back window has this light display saying "Garda" which is hard to see when its switched off but easy enough if you watch out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Why do they take your reg down?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Lorax wrote:
    and the back window has this light display saying "Garda" which is hard to see when its switched off but easy enough if you watch out for it.

i've yet to see one come through the garage with that on it so thats complete tosh. the kits fitted to ALL fleet cars are the exact same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

miju wrote:
    i've yet to see one come through the garage with that on it so thats complete tosh. the kits fitted to ALL fleet cars are the exact same

Welcome to the internet, where reality and imagination conflict!!!

Advertisement