Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to pass a year?

• 19-05-2007 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Im in 1st CSSE and im just wondering how to I pass.
    Is it that they will add up all my results and divied by 11(i have 11 modules) and that has to be 40%?
    Also I was told that I can get one module with less than 25% is that true?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

As far as I know you have to pass every module (35%) to pass the year. If you get between 26% and 35% in one module (only one though) you can pass that module by compensation, any "extra percentages" from the other modules can be added on to make a passing grade. Good luck with your exams!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Only one? I got 25%-36% in a good few last year and still passed. Two or 3 I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

wait, I thought 40% was a pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

by compensation I mean

edit: how did astro go? I slept in and fúcking missed it. Woops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Wait you can only get one module between 26% and 35%? Crap

Whats the story with the credits?

Also how will the results be shown online will it be just <40% or will go into more detail like 40.1%(exam 30.1% C.A 10%)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

When I did it you could fail 3 but had to get over 30% in them and then get an over all average of 40%. Might have changed since then.

In final year it was different. Could discount 2 fails from your results but had to get over 25% in all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Hey I could be wrong! Im not an expert by any means. Thats just the way other students have always explained it to me?:o

Advertisement